First Buck Board Bacon W/QVIEW finished pics!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bluebombersfan

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 4, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
Here is my first buck board bacon.  I soaked for one hour in fresh water after a 13 day cure.  Then did a fry test and it tasted great!!!  Can't wait for the smoke!!

4777f6bd_BuckBoardBacon.jpg

8104d7c6_BuckBoardBaconthickness.jpg

I set MES to 100 for an hour then up to 150 and smoke for three, here is after three hours!

eeda2150_afterthreehours.jpg

Man, You're Smokin' Up A Storm!

Bacon always tastes better the next day

Todd

Nice looking bbb........ This is on the top of my list of things to do............

Nice color!

What IT did you take it to?

I hope you went out and got a Butt or two, because those tasty little pieces will disappear in minutes!

Bear

0480d040_SAM_1002.jpg

Here are a few pics fryin.

f4b79b71_SAM_1003.jpg

And a final pic!!!!  This bacon is out of this world!!!!  I can't believe how good it tasted.  It was a bit salty for the wife so next time I will soak it for another hour or two.  But what a great tasting bacon.  Some guys say a cross between bacon and ham but I think this taste like the best bacon I have ever had!!!!!  HOOKED!!!!!!

bc3ad1e0_SAM_1004.jpg

Looks Great!

As long as you admit you have a problem, you'll be fine!

Better start curing another batch!

Bear

BBB really is some good stuff. My wife and I love it. It can get  a bit salty so it would be best to soak it longer. You can always  add a pinch of salt on your bacon once its fried if you absolutely need more salt flavor but you can't take it out of the meat if it wasn't soaked long enough. Also maybe have your wife try a piece of the fry test  if she didn't this  time to see if it's still to salty for  her.

BBB really is some good stuff. My wife and I love it. It can get  a bit salty so it would be best to soak it longer. You can always  add a pinch of salt on your bacon once its fried if you absolutely need more salt flavor but you can't take it out of the meat if it wasn't soaked long enough. Also maybe have your wife try a piece of the fry test  if she didn't this  time to see if it's still to salty for  her.
for sure i will let her try the fry test next time.  I guess I will have to take care of this batch myself..............
icon14.gif

for sure i will let her try the fry test next time.  I guess I will have to take care of this batch myself..............
icon14.gif

I always have Mrs Bear sample my fry tests, and the only time I ever had to soak to get rid of extra salt flavor was with "Hi Mt BBB".

My own mix with TQ has always been just right.

Real sorry to hear you have to eat that whole batch yourself!  
biggrin.gif

Bear

Last edited:
What do you use in your own mix?

Same as for my Belly Bacon & Canadian Bacon:

1/2 ounce (1 TBS) of TQ (exactly) per pound of whole meat (rub on first).

1 tsp to 1 TBS of Brown Sugar per pound (rub on second).

Then after curing, but before smoking, I sprinkle on CBP, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky