First briskets on my Rec Tec

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Killa J

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 10, 2018
I decided to make brisket for everyone at work. It ends up being around 30 people, so I did 3 12 pound briskets. I didn’t think 2 would be enough.

Cooked them right at 12 hours, about 9.5 at 215, then wrapped and cooked the remainder at 275. I wasn’t sure how long it would take because I hadn’t cooked brisket on this smoker yet. I cooked them a day ahead of time and vacuum sealed them. I reheated them sous vide and am really happy with the results.

For some reason, I didn’t take any pics of them when they were done, but the bark was good and dark.

Last edited:
Sounds like a success, unfortunate about the pics. We love pics on the site. How was the taste test with your co workers

Reactions: Killa J

Still waiting on everyone to eat. I was told to slice it, but the sides were not ready yet. I’ll add a pic of a whole brisket when I take the next one out to slice.

I also tried to make burnt ends, but I was pressed for time so they didn’t caramelize like usual. So it’s more just bbq beef chunks at this point.

Last edited:
Brisket was a hit. I’ve still got more to slice for other shifts, so I’m going to try it in about an hour.

Brisket was a hit. I’ve still got more to slice for other shifts, so I’m going to try it in about an hour.
Thats awesome, I dont think there is a better compliment to the cook than watching people enjoy what you prepared. Good job KillaJ

Here’s the second one before I sliced it. The only downside to using the sous vide to reheat is that the bark is wet from the juices. The “burnt ends” went faster than I expected, the second shift didn’t even get to try them. I guess people don’t care if they turn out right, just if they taste good.

Overall it was a huge success. 3 briskets and ended up with about 2 pounds of meat left over. That’s my cut.

Last edited:
Sounds really good and glad your coworker enjoyed, but I can't see any of the pictures?

Chris

Sounds really good and glad your coworker enjoyed, but I can't see any of the pictures?

Chris

It’s my first time using the media upload on this site, looks like I had the album set to private.

I need co-workers like you. I just get leftover Halloween candy in December and Easter candy in June.

Reactions: Killa J
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky