First brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Poppy1611

Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
Just wanted to share with everyone. I smoked my first brisket today and I was pretty happy with the results. I didn't start smoking until Thanksgiving 2018 when I decided to smoke Turkey on my Father-in-law's smoker, which he had never used. Since then I have become obsessed. I've done ribs, pork belly, pork tenderloin, a version of burnt ends with roast, and several other things. I had been dying to try brisket but knew it was a big undertaking. Local store had some on sale and today was my sisters birthday so I decided today was the day. Everything started great but it stalled early around 120. It took a couple hours to go up five degrees and I started freaking out. It was already getting a nice bark so I double wrapped it with foil and hoped for the best. It never got to 200 degrees, which I thought was necessary until I read some posts here. I thought the end result was ok for my first one and everybody enjoyed it. Thanks for all the great info you guys share, it helped a lot.

Great first brisket! Congrats on getting hooked...it’s a slippery slope.

Also, congrats on the carousel!

Reactions: Poppy1611
U cutting that brisket wrong... all that hard work smh
I sliced it perpendicular to the grain of the meat. Isn't that what you're supposed to do? I actually cut a small corner off before I started it so I could make sure.

Great looking brisket and plate. Nice job on your first.

Point for sure.
Chris

Reactions: Poppy1611
I sliced it perpendicular to the grain of the meat. Isn't that what you're supposed to do? I actually cut a small corner off before I started it so I could make sure.

Yep, you got it right. Nice job. my first brisky tasted like an old shoe but that was a cpl of years ago. I'm about to give it another shot this summer I think.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky