First brisket!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin64weber

Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
Tucson AZ
I'm finally gonna try smoking the king of beef this weekend and I have a good idea what im doing but I just can figure out what to spritz the beef with during the cook and before I wrap in butcher paper. Im going to use hickory chunks for flavor so I wanted to keep away from any fruity stuff. Anyone have any ideas??

No need to spritz it at all.

The juices just pool on the top of the brisket while it cooks.

If you want to you can take some of the trimmed fat & put it on a rack above the brisket, so as it renders it will drip on the meat.

Here's one I did not too long ago.

You can see how the fat has rendered down, and how juicy the brisket is.

Hope this helps!

Al

That's a good ideaThanks! I've just seen ppl spray them with cherry juice or apple juice before wrapping and I was wondering what other things would work. I smoke on a Weber kettle still so I wouldn't be able to let the fat drip on the brisket

That's a good ideaThanks! I've just seen ppl spray them with cherry juice or apple juice before wrapping and I was wondering what other things would work. I smoke on a Weber kettle still so I wouldn't be able to let the fat drip on the brisket
Then I wouldn't worry about it, spritzing the meat just slows down the cooking process.

But you are right, most guys use apple juice.

Brisket has so much fat in it it really doesn't need any spritzing.

Al

I have used beef broth on brisket.
Like Al said it's not really necessary. It's just your own preference.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky