First Brisket w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

litto747

Original poster
May 17, 2008
This is my first attempt at brisket. The meat is marinated overnight and ready to start smokin.
4ea8efaa_vbattach18892.jpg

After two hours, ready to start moppin'. Going to start preparing fatty's and some ABT's
62e73dcb_vbattach18893.jpg

Keep it low and slow there ... all should turn out well. What kind of stuff did ya marinate the brisket in, and what kind of wood is being used? I'm looking forward to future pics of how this turns out. Good luck!

The first brisket is always the scariest! Yours is looking mighty fine!! can't wait to see your end result....When I did my first one I was amazed at the way the meat sliced and then changed direction in the middle!! Don't forget to use the drippings....yum! You can separate the grease and freeze it in ice cube trays and use it to throw into beans or even rice..to give it that little smokey flavor...
biggrin.gif

Using Hickory wood. Marinated the brisket w/ Onions, cajun seasoning, pepper all blended to a paste.

Stuffed my fatties w/ mozz cheese, pizza dough, pepperoni , tomatoes.
Did another one with onions, green peppers, red peppers and cheese.

Did my ATB's:

Buffalo Chicken and bleu cheese

Cheddar cheese and bacon

Cream Cheese

Everything goin well camera died so might be awhile before more pics
e39cf1c0_vbattach18902.jpg

70e86b3e_vbattach18901.jpg

81932df6_vbattach18900.jpg

01eed518_vbattach18899.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky