First Brisket w/ Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mortisdraco

Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
Columba, MD
Smoking my first brisket today.  Got up at 5:20 and got the coals going and I've had it in the Brinkmann since 6:00 AM.

Here is the brisket after scoring and rubbing with mustard last night.

Here it is after a good rubbin' with a mix of brown sugar, kosher salt, black pepper, cayanne pepper, papprica, oregano and dried minced onions.

Here it is after a good nights rest in the fridge and waiting patiently for the smoker to get settled this morning.

More to come later in the day.

enjoy,

Brad

Looking good after 10+ hours in the smoker!  It's at 163 and inching towards a date with foil when it hits the 170 mark.

Here is the finished product.  It took 13 hours in the smoker.  About 11.5 to get to 170, then I double wrapped it in foil until it got to 190, which was just about exactly 13 hours.  Then I wrapped it in a couple of towels and tossed it in the cooler for an hour before I sliced it.  It was nice and juicy and absolutely melted in our mouths!

Here it is when I unwrapped it.

Here it is as I sliced it.

Done slicing.

Plated up on my daughter's plate.

Plated up with a glass of Zinfendel for the cook.  :-)

see ya,

Brad 

Reactions: mballi3011
How far are you from Mooresville NC? I'd love to stop by for lunch if there are leftovers!
biggrin.gif

Looks great nice job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

icon_cool.gif

Now thats one good looking brisket there and it made so great looking sammes too. I do see that shirt for the marithon is that what you two will be doing to work off this dinner for you might have to go alittle farther then you first expected. Maybe a 6K might be more like it.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looking good after 10+ hours in the smoker!  It's at 163 and inching towards a date with foil when it hits the 170 mark.
Here is the finished product.  It took 13 hours in the smoker.  About 11.5 to get to 170, then I double wrapped it in foil until it got to 190, which was just about exactly 13 hours.  Then I wrapped it in a couple of towels and tossed it in the cooler for an hour before I sliced it.  It was nice and juicy and absolutely melted in our mouths!

Here it is when I unwrapped it.

Plated up on my daughter's plate.

Plated up with a glass of Zinfendel for the cook.  :-)

see ya,

Brad 

Looks awesome.

From the camera angle in relation to your daughter, it looks like a GIANT sandwich

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky