• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First brisket (I busted my Cherry)

kruizer

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 7, 2015
Well, it got done WAAAY too early but it is in the oven at 170 to hold until the get together 14 hours from now. I never thought a 12 pound trimmed weight brisket would smoke this fast. It was in the smoker for about six hours when it hit the stall then wrapped and put in the oven to finish. Total time was 10 hours to tender. Just tasting the juices, this thing is going to be awesome. Seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning and that is it.
100_0013.JPG
100_0014.JPG
100_0015.JPG
100_0016.JPG

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Looks great, nice color. Waiting for the slice
I also have not jumped into the brisket cook yet

David

SmokinGame

Smoking Fanatic
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 11, 2018
Delicious!! Too bad I can't make it there in time for the slicing. Would love a taste of that.

tx smoker

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Hard to believe that as long as you've been around here that this is your first brisket. Looks outstanding though. Beautiful color, that's for sure. Very nice job.

Robert

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Looks like you nailed it! Post up some slices when you get around to it! Nice work bud

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
It sure looks good! But I sure don't envy you having to think about it all day long... I'd have to stay very busy to keep my mind off it!

Ryan

WI Smoker77

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 18, 2021
Ya shoulda never done it!! Smoke the first one and no turning back!...............If it tastes as good as it looks, your going to be wanting to smoke a whole lot more of them. Looks great,
please show a pic of a slice if possible. Now you'll be 'brisket hooked' like most of us..............

912smoker

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
Looks great Kruizer waiting on the reveal ! And it should be great with that flavor too

browneyesvictim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 16, 2016
Nailed it! Man, I cant wait for the money shots either! Great job all the way around!
1000%

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Looks fantastic. I also haven't popped the cherry on a full. Have done a couple flats is it .

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.