First brisket (I busted my Cherry)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kruizer

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 7, 2015
Central Minnesota
Well, it got done WAAAY too early but it is in the oven at 170 to hold until the get together 14 hours from now. I never thought a 12 pound trimmed weight brisket would smoke this fast. It was in the smoker for about six hours when it hit the stall then wrapped and put in the oven to finish. Total time was 10 hours to tender. Just tasting the juices, this thing is going to be awesome. Seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning and that is it.
100_0013.JPG
100_0014.JPG
100_0015.JPG
100_0016.JPG

Hard to believe that as long as you've been around here that this is your first brisket. Looks outstanding though. Beautiful color, that's for sure. Very nice job.

Robert

Reactions: kruizer
It sure looks good! But I sure don't envy you having to think about it all day long... I'd have to stay very busy to keep my mind off it!

Ryan

Ya shoulda never done it!! Smoke the first one and no turning back!...............If it tastes as good as it looks, your going to be wanting to smoke a whole lot more of them. Looks great,
please show a pic of a slice if possible. Now you'll be 'brisket hooked' like most of us..............

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky