First Bonelss/Skinless Breasts

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by bworthy, May 20, 2014.

1. bworthy

bworthy Smoke Blower

Threw a couple of breasts in the Masterbuilt for dinner tonight. Simple brine for an hour, then my rub and into the smoker. Smoked at about 240* for just over an hour to 165*.

Finished off with just a little commercial sauce mixed with a little Worcestershire sauce and lemon pepper. Tasted pretty darn good, but my rub is a little to spicey for the wife. I'll need to tame it down a little.

2. Those look very good!  [​IMG]   You could always make a separate rub for your wife that is milder then you would each have one you enjoy  [​IMG]   Nice smoke man  [​IMG]

3. bworthy

bworthy Smoke Blower

Thanks Smoking B. Yeah, I will work on some different rubs, less cayenne powder.

4. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Try a milder Chile then you can play with some flavors to enhance them . . . like Gr. Clove and Turbinato Sugar. I like a sweeter glaze on my Chicken and this seems to do a good job for me. [​IMG]

5. jp61

jp61 Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]  They look good from here!

6. bworthy

bworthy Smoke Blower

I'm not familiar with turbinate sugar. Is it used in addition to brown sugar or instead of white or brown sugar? I know I can cut back on the cayenne a little and add more paprika or other spices.