First Beef Ribs.

Discussion in 'Beef' started by smokey mo, May 12, 2011.

1. smokey mo

smokey mo Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Someone asked me if I would smoke some beef ribs for them.  Told them the cost for beef ribs and they said OK.  So, here it is the only picture I could get.  I didn't even get to try any (tear [​IMG]).  I heard they turned out great nice and tender so I will take that anyday.

Here is the lone picture.  I smoked 9 racks.  4 the first round and 5 the second round,  the fifth is on a lower home made rack below.

[​IMG]

$2.09/lb with a 50 lb min.  might have to try this one for the family soon.

Thanks for coming by.

I don't think they look as good as Bearcarvers' free rib-eyes though... [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  2. bloc004

bloc004 Fire Starter

Wow, looks delicious!!!!!

3. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Looks delicious!!

Did ya do a 3-2-1-??

Craig

4. smokey mo

No i did them straight  for about 4.5 hours. Then foiled them and cooled.  Told the hostess to reheat for 1-1.5 hours at 300*-325* before the party.  She said the were great, but for me it was just hear-say. The did look great and smelled fantastic.

Thanks for the kudos!

5. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Thank you Rick!!

Craig

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  6. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Oh No Rick !!!!

My favorite Ribs!!!

Here-say????------Usually a piece falls off, and you have to save it !!!!

LOL--Thanks-----Everything looks better when it's FREE !

Bear

7. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I never do them longer than 4 1/2 hours either, but I would have least charged one rack for the smokin. [​IMG]

8. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

For beef ribs,Those look very,very nice!  [​IMG]

It would have been ashamed for one rack to accidentally be lost in transit  [​IMG]

9. smokey mo

This was for a friend and she paid for all the meat and then called the tax bill fees even for the year. It was Mothers Day and her daughters sweet 16. If one rack would have 'gone missing' I am pretty sure she would have been knocking on my door. I was just honored that she thought enough of my skills to even ask.  I did learn where to find good beef ribs though. It took everything in me not to eat just ONE!

Thanks for the kind words everyone.   They were very needed today.  God Bless you all.

10. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Good job Rick,

Very good job

11. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

X2

12. burn-it

burn-it Smoke Blower

Yum! Ima gonna have ta try dat!

13. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great looking ribs. They look a lot meatier than the one's we get around here.

14. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Tru dat. Went down looking for some Beefies today at Sav-A-Lot. Just not much meat, so opted for the $1.79 @ lb. Pork Spare Ribs instead.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  15. smokey mo

I generally dont buy meat from this place because the name says it all.  "Reid and Hertig-purveyors of Fine Meats"

But I might start looking into them for other stuff...like prok bellies...