First Bacons smoked

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
B094F213-F504-4952-8E40-E8661732759C.jpeg
2A16163D-3DCE-4EAA-99F1-639E3F3499F4.jpeg
1ECD2B6C-C226-4331-9EBE-5BF9D1E3FACC.jpeg
Finally got my first buckboard and Canadian bacon in the smoker. They were immersed (and injected) in Pops brine for 10 days. Had to slice a bit off the Canadian bacon to munch along with a couple of the ends. Just delicious!! Here are a few pics of the 4 chunks of buckboard, 1 Canadian bacon and ends. I wish I’d have done more of the Canadian.ill post up some pics of the buckboard once I get it sliced.

Last edited:
Wait till you start doing maple bacon ;)

I personally think Buckboard is the creme le creme..I probably ruined that saying..but you know what I mean!

Perfect fat to meat ratio!

I couldn't wait, did my first this morning and sliced up my little chunk. Unbelievable!
Oh I didn’t wait either :) I shaved off a little of the Canadian Bacon and then had the two odd shape chunks off the trimmed butt to snack on. I dropped the rest at my local Amish butcher today. They are slicing and vac packing 1lb packs for me for $0.50 a lb. Sooner or later I’ll biu a slicer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky