First attempt Fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flareside92

R.I.P. Gone But Never Forgotten.
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
NW Iowa
I have to admit that doing the weave was not as bad as I thought it would be.  While I fried some bacon for the center I worked the weave and moved immediately to the sausage. Who ever came up with the idea of putting the sausage in a gallon baggie and rolling it out, that worked slick!

Ok once I slit the sides of the baggie I covered the sausage with diced orange peppers and roasted red pepper cheese and commenced to rolling. Once I got the bacon wrapped around it I added seasonings. On my way out the door to the smoker I noticed the crisp bacon setting on the counter that I was going to put in the middle, FAIL cuz I'm not starting over!

Now if I can get the pictures loaded I'll be doing ok.

a46d8961_FirstFatty001.jpg

240d3ac9_FirstFatty002.jpg

e933a983_FirstFatty003.jpg

6d389cea_FirstFatty004.jpg

Will add the final picture when it's finished.

I like the fact that I get to eat my mistakes  :)

Be careful,I started making fatties for my family and took some to work,now I have to make 3 at a time.LOL

c506e6cb_cede0e8d_FattyFinal00fatty21.jpg
9997396e_86381591_FattyFinal003.jpg

Final! Most of the cheese melted out of it but it was still good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky