• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First attempt at cheese!

CFLJOHN512

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 9, 2020
It’s in the 40s finally here in FL. Bought a pile of cheeses yesterday and opened them and let them relax in the fridge over night. Got the Amazin tray going with a cherry/hickory blend going. It’s hovering around 84°. It’s been going for about an hour so far. Rotating about every 20 mins. I’m shooting for 3 hours before removing and throwing in the fridge for a few hours. Then I’ll vacuum seal them and store for about 10 days.

Attachments

SWFLsmkr1

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Looks like ya got it. And ditto what piney said.

Jabiru

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 5, 2019
Nice mix of cheese there. They will go great with a beer.

Looks like you have it dialed in. I normally do smoked salt at the same time as cheese. It’s so tasty.

smoked cheese is a big favourite around here. In winter I’ll do about 15 pounds to last through summer.

zwiller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 16, 2016
Nice selection of cheese! Best of luck. While it's still cool for you, I suggest you try some dust as it adds very little, if any, heat when used compared to pellets. 84F is pushing it. Most guys say 70F or less (but above freezing in Ohio :emoji_laughing:) . Dust is also a milder/cleaner smoke and was a game changer for my cheese.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks Great, CFL !!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks like your set for a while!
Nice color on the cheese!
Al

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.