firefox broken after account upgrade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

netspyder

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 18, 2022
Collinsville, IL
sooo... donated yesterday... and typically use firefox for my daily browser. after upgrading, i get a blank grey page in firefox. chrome works fine. i've cleared my history... and i can load pages before i log in, but once i log in i get the grey page of death. thoughts? can i only use chrome? this is somewhat annoying...
1677282648959.png

You've been banned. Just kidding I'm not sure what's going on with your account. Someone from the admin should be logging on soon. Hopefully they'll know.

Chris

I have been having more and more problems with Firefox. I getting ready to start using a different browser. Even my Thunderbird been acting up.

sooo... donated yesterday... and typically use firefox for my daily browser. after upgrading, i get a blank grey page in firefox. chrome works fine. i've cleared my history... and i can load pages before i log in, but once i log in i get the grey page of death. thoughts? can i only use chrome? this is somewhat annoying...
View attachment 658600
Is your browser set to private browsing mode?

Something similar happened to me and it was due to screen element changes that occurred after account upgrade. This may not work for you, but it is worth a try:
  1. Hold down the SHIFT key while clicking the Firefox refresh page button (looks like an arrow chasing it's tail near the upper left part of the screen). This forces Firefox to bypass the cache and fetch the new version of the page.
  2. If that does not work, you could try clearing the cache by holding down the CTRL key and pressing F5 to clear the existing cache, then do the same technique as in #1 above.
Hope you get it sorted - there can be many factors that could be the problem.

I normally only run Firefox when I'm running linux, but just tried it in windows 10, and no issues at all.

Interesting, I'm a techie guy, run linux most of the time. Use chrome and firefox with no problems on linux or windows.

Have a fire tablet and an android tablet and both work, along with android phone.

that saud, have you rebooted the machine, or at least cleared your cache?

Reactions: DougE
so, i figured it out. it was actually my ad blocker. weird that it only did this after the ads were removed. maybe it was lonely and wanted something to block. i don't run an ad blocker on chrome, so that makes sense why chrome worked.

If your using Firefox for privacy and security...Try using "Brave" browser. Much more secure than Firefox and twice as fast. I also use DuckDuckgo as my search engine

You can try Uninstaller Firefox and reinstalling. I've tried on win 10 and 11 both work. Also tried Firefox on Android and it works.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky