FINISHING SAUCE (for Pulled Pork)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cheech, If you want leftovers, you gotta do two just so you can hide one.:D

Jeff, this is an excellent recipe-I've copied it down and will defentally use it on the next pork shoulder.

Glad to hear it going over so well.............which is why I posted it to begin with! Unfortunately, it became buried very quickly (by my own doing I might add - and for GOOD reason) by all our Fantastic new members who are doing the right thing and introducing themselves in the "Roll Call" area!

Therefore, I am getting with TulsaJeff and increasing the "Recent Topics" scroller to allow 20 new posted topics, instead of the current 10. This should keep fairly new posts from getting buried by Roll Call. But Hey....New Members take priority in my book!!!

I think it's wonderful to see the BEST BBQ FORUM on the Planet grow at such a phenomenal rate..............KEEP IT UP, GUYS!!!

Jeff

PS - I just saw that he increased them to 25...........how great is that! Thanks Jeff!!!!

Hey Jeff,
As good as that finishing sauce was on the pork shoulder I did last week, I have to tell you that the left overs are just as good. The wife and I pulled some of the leftover Q out last night. We warmed it up and it was fully as good if not better than it was the day of the smoke. I think the flavor had a chance to permeate the meat a little and it was wonderful. Again, thanks for sharing the recipe and the process.

Ah, yes leftovers. They are quite tasty if you are lucky enough to have some. I like to heat the meat up in a pot on the stove, sqeeze in some finishing sauce, and load up a bun for a overfilled open faced sandwich.

btw, I did a picnic last weekend and it was my best attempt yet. Kept the temp around 140 and when the meat was around 160 I wrapped it in foil for a couple hours till it hit 200, then it was tossed in the cooler for an hour. Yum Yum!!!

DT

Folks, It seems a lot of butts are being smoked and missing out on this awsome Finishing Sauce. So back to the top for everyone to enjoy!

Thanks Dutch - Just in time!

I'm just finishing up two full butts - 16.25 wet- and logged on to find just this recipe!

FYI - tried a little different method this time ... 12 hours at 200-215, 6 hours foiled at 250-265 ... No spritzing for the first three, heavy apple cider w/ hot sauce spray the next six.... Just hit 190 all around! Woo hoo.... towelled and wrapped ... looking to knock off some socks tomorrow at work.

Just another reason why I love this site!

Here is a tasty pulled pork sauce....

Wanda's` Pulled Pork Finishing Sauce

1/2 cupapple cider vinegar
1 tbspdark brown sugar
1/8 tspteaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 tspteaspoon salt
1/2 tsppepper black pepper
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup ginger ale

Heat apple cider vinegar just to boiling then add brown sugar. Turn off heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Use liberally over pulled pork sandwiches (we also put some in a little custard cup to dip the sandwich into for even more flavor).

One Shredded .... one to go...
284fe4ed_vbattach10868.jpg

Any chance your ready to part with the rub recipes yet. I've got a new one on deck ready to try, but I figure the way the finishing sauce goes over I could be a real hit with the matched set. Come on, we're family here ya know.
wink.gif

Thanks. I have been looking for this recipe.

Big J

Yesterday and today we have been eating pulled pork with my wife's finishing sauce. Slap your mamma good!

Ive been wanting to try this ever since you first posted it. I finialy had a chance to make it yesterday with my pulled pork. All I can say is WOW! :D That is one good recipe! It sure does compliment my pulled pork very well! Thanks again!

I'm sooooo glad to read someone posting about the Ecstacy of Finishing Sauces!!! Pulled pork jus' ain't fit ta eat without it! Thanks for your recipie, Jeff. It's going into my files. I'll be trying it out next weekend (this weekend is ribs...again!) My "standard" finishing sauce is very similar to yours, the difference being I add my rub to it instead of Tony's Cajun Seasoning (which is very, very good, btw!!).

And if you want, you can PM me your rub recipie! I promise not to divulge it to the public! LOL

Folks, Since a number of you have PM'ed me about not being able to find SoFlaQuer's Finishing Sauce Recipe, I went ahead and made this post a "sticky" so that it will always be at the top of the forum page. For those of you who have not yet tried this recipe with your pulled pork, it's a must try!

Enjoy!

Hey guys....I just did a few slabs of ribs yesterday and as I was almost ready to take them out, I started thinking "hmmmmm" (which usually gets me into trouble!) but I looked up this recipe, made a batch, cut them up and squrited some all over the ribs (I used the 3-2-1 method, with apple chips). Guys...that's a wrap! Done deal! You needn't go any further than using this finishing sauce on your ribs. I love the vinegary-spicy heat it has plus I brushed a lil bit of Sweet Baby Ray's 'que sauce onto them about 5 min prior to removing from the smoker. Dee-lish. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I am a believer of this finishing sauce! Say.... I wonder what it would taste like on some pulled chicken.....hmmmmm!

Dutch,

Thanks for making the Post "Sticky"! I've been away for some time now due to work and my Father's failing health.

I finally built my "Dream" computer from the ground up and.........Man, is it lightning fast! Things have settled down a bit, so maybe I can get to some more post's. I appreciate everyone's patience in my absence.

A good finishing sauce can really make good pulled pork. At my Barbeques, it's what makes people say, "WOW!!!" Like they're having pulled pork for the first time!

The trick is knowing how much to apply..........too much turns the meat sour and mushy.

Jefferson

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky