Finding charcaol

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

whistlepig

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Preble County, OH
I started out with a gas grill, Then an electric smoker, and now a Materbuilt Gravity series charcoal. I like charcoal smokers.

I can find propane everywhere. Electric is electric. Pellet are everywhere. Charcoal (B & B) is very difficult to find.

I get it mainly at Wally world. Their house brand, Expert Grill I think is made by Royal Oak for a lot less price. They always have it. Ace also does around here in Ga. Academy Sports too.

Reactions: 912smoker
Ace in Oxford and West Chester Ohio has no B & B. No ship to store. No curbside pickup. Ship to home available Only for 8.8 bags of briquettes with a limit of 10 bags. And I pay the shipping. I ordered (8) last week. Not cheap.

I’m not sure about b&b but Home Depot has huge sales on kingsford and royal oak on all the big spring summer holidays. That’s usually when I’ll stick up on like 15 bags

Reactions: mcokevin
Find a Costco and join, now!
They have the best deal ever on twin packs of the best Kingsford made.
Twin pack for around $15.
DSC00515.JPG

Find a Costco and join, now!
They have the best deal ever on twin packs of the best Kingsford made.
Twin pack for around $15.View attachment 493263

I am kicking myself for not realizing this sooner. Looks like BJ's also has the twin pack for about $20, which is the same as Kingsford Original at Home Depot and Lowes. I've got about six bags of the original left, but will be giving this a try next.

How does it perform over the original? Do you notice a difference?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky