• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Finding charcaol

whistlepig

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 23, 2011
I started out with a gas grill, Then an electric smoker, and now a Materbuilt Gravity series charcoal. I like charcoal smokers.

I can find propane everywhere. Electric is electric. Pellet are everywhere. Charcoal (B & B) is very difficult to find.

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Every Ace Hardware around me in Ohio stocks tons of B&B.

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
Joined May 12, 2018
I get it mainly at Wally world. Their house brand, Expert Grill I think is made by Royal Oak for a lot less price. They always have it. Ace also does around here in Ga. Academy Sports too.

whistlepig

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 23, 2011
Ace in Oxford and West Chester Ohio has no B & B. No ship to store. No curbside pickup. Ship to home available Only for 8.8 bags of briquettes with a limit of 10 bags. And I pay the shipping. I ordered (8) last week. Not cheap.

SmokingUPnorth

Smoking UPNorth
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 7, 2017
I’m not sure about b&b but Home Depot has huge sales on kingsford and royal oak on all the big spring summer holidays. That’s usually when I’ll stick up on like 15 bags

Chasdev

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Find a Costco and join, now!
They have the best deal ever on twin packs of the best Kingsford made.
Twin pack for around $15.
DSC00515.JPG

mcokevin

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 18, 2016
Find a Costco and join, now!
They have the best deal ever on twin packs of the best Kingsford made.
Twin pack for around $15. View attachment 493263
I am kicking myself for not realizing this sooner. Looks like BJ's also has the twin pack for about $20, which is the same as Kingsford Original at Home Depot and Lowes. I've got about six bags of the original left, but will be giving this a try next.

How does it perform over the original? Do you notice a difference?

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.