Finally the replacement grill arrived.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schlotz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 13, 2015
Coatesville, IN
For the last 11 years I've struggled keeping my Twin Eagles gasser working correctly. Always something to be fixed and this should not have been the case considering the initial cost. I vowed that when we moved into the new house I would unload this money pit. Last Friday the new Hestan 36" arrived. The crew assembled it and took away the old PITA grill. Now to spend time learning the best way to control the heat for whatever I want to grill, that is when I'm not smoking on the MAK 😎

IMG_4906.jpg

For the last 11 years I've struggled keeping my Twin Eagles gasser working correctly. Always something to be fixed and this should not have been the case considering the initial cost. I vowed that when we moved into the new house I would unload this money pit. Last Friday the new Hestan 36" arrived. The crew assembled it and took away the old PITA grill. Now to spend time learning the best way to control the heat for whatever I want to grill, that is when I'm not smoking on the MAK 😎

View attachment 631480
nice appliance. i bought a napoleon about 5 years back and have not regretted it
IMG_8881 (2).JPG

Man, that is one sweet looking grill right there. I prefer cooking with wood or charcoal but the convenience of gas is hard to beat at times. Mine gets used a lot, probably as much as an oven as for actually grilling, but it sees a lot of use.

Robert

Reactions: schlotz
Man, that is one sweet looking grill right there. I prefer cooking with wood or charcoal but the convenience of gas is hard to beat at times. Mine gets used a lot, probably as much as an oven as for actually grilling, but it sees a lot of use.

Robert
Hey Robert, believe we talked about your grill a few months back in regards to what you like and dislike while I was researching what to replace my Twin Eagles with. In the end, the Hestan seemed to fit the best with less negative reviews than the others. Time will tell if that holds true in this case. I went through Ferguson for the order. They delivered, installed and hauled away the +300 lb old grill. Turns out they sent the wrong size grill cover but have already put in an order to replace it with the correct version. They're also coming back out to finish up the installation of the windscreen which is very important where we live. There always seems to be a 10 -15 mph wind present and usually in the wrong direction which can redirect heat towards the control panel. So far 2" Ribeyes and brats have anointed it. First test of the built-in rotisserie is going to be with a Pork Loin. Most likely this coming weekend, that is if I decide to not smoke something :emoji_wink:. If I do, I'll write it up and post here.

Matt

A follow up regarding my Hestan. Upon reading all the docs, I discovered the installers had not completely assembled the windscreen to the back of the grill. There were 6 more screws that were still in the bag that required holes to be drilled and tapped. A quick call and they came back out and finished the job. The cover issue turned out to be a real mess. The replacement showed up but it was only for a built-in unit w/windscreen. I finally called Hestan and after being on line for a while the nice lady came back and had to admit Hestan does not have a cover that will fit a stand alone unit with windscreen attached. WOW! Something this expensive and they don't have a fitting cover? Even the lady on the phone though it was ridiculous. Thank goodness there are companies that manufacture custom covers. Got one on order.

The grill is nothing short of amazing. The built-in rotisserie is great. We did a pork loin the other night (recipe in sig below). Like any new piece of equipment it takes a bit of use to become familiar with how it performs. Probably the most outstanding feature is the lid that can be opened to any level and it just stays there. Was initially concerned over downsizing from 42" to 36" but it isn't a problem. Plenty of room and still good heat control with 3 burner sections to play with. Going with an indirect cook via a burner off works fine.

Reactions: TH-n-PA
The grill that came with my house finally pooped the bed Friday night so I wheeled it off and got my grill that I used when living in my camper.

Cuisinart
Has been a really good grill for what it is

Hello old friend!

6BB7F132-DCE3-4868-88B0-818C9DBD817F.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky