Finally registered

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
Hello everyone...My name is Michelle and I've been reading this forum for a few months now and finally joined. Last July I received an electric smoker for my birthday...without really knowing anything we just dove in...started easy with chicken thighs, then salmon, then ribs, then ribs, ribs and more ribs...we've smoke blue fish and trout also. Today hubby is off and put some ribs in the smoker and he's going to try the 3, 2, 1...
I have visions of grandeur for this summer and have picked up a few tips and tricks from this website. Look forward to putting my 2 cents in occasionally and sharing anything that turns out well! I will say my best so far were ribs I smoked for a Notre Dame tailgate party. Had 5 racks that I smoked the day before we left. Saturday game, bus load of ND fans, hubby and I in charge of tailgating, first course, smoked ribs, hamburgers, jalapeno hot dogs, kielbasa...Even though the ribs had to go through a re-heat they were excellent. They were definitely better when we first pulled them out of the smoker, but everyone said they were the best ribs they ever had...Everyones belly was full when we mentioned our main course... :D filet mignon, corn on the cob, shrimp, pasta with fresh peas and tomatoes and parm...to top it off, ND beat Pitt!!!

Go Irish!!!

Well Michelle, I guess if we were handing out prizes, you win for the longest lurker, 9 months-WOW. Since you know the Forum inside and out, let me offically welcome you to Smoking Meat Family.

It looks like that electric smoker is working out well for you and you have had some great success with it. Keep us posted and share your adventures with us and if you can, post some pictures too.

Enjoy!

Hi Michelle and welcome to SMF.. I use to have the same problem with reheating the ribs a few years ago and I learned that if you place the ribs in gallon zip lock bags and submerge them in HOT water they retain there juice and you can either toss them on a grill or back in your smoker to firm them up again.

Joe

PS make sure you get all the air out of the bags they will float..

My luck the bag would have a hole in it!! Actually the ribs had to travel in a cooler 6 hours from Valley Forge to Pittsburgh, then wait a whole nother day to be reheated in a dutch cooker in our hotel room before being served. It was a tricky tailgate with them...would have been easier and better if I could've served right out of the smoker...

Somewhere here someone had a great idea pouring hot water in a cooler.. and then placing the bags of meat in that. All you have to do then is keep the water hot... That's if you trust the bags .. lol .. Oh well just a thought for your next venture out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky