• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Finally joined the ranks of MES owners

bilder

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 29, 2010
Got my tax refund today and on the list of must haves was a new smoker.

Went to Sam's and picked up the new MES 40.  Never thought I would say this about a smoker, but the remote control is a nice touch. 

Got it seasoning as I type and will have some pork in it come morning.

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!

Have fun!!

Craig

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
Electric smoker, remote control. Thats just cheating isn't it???? haha Congrats on the new smoker. Now lets see some Qview out of that baby!!

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
YAHOOOOOO!!! Your gonna love it!! Lets get some qview out of that bad boy!!!

smoke king

Smoke Blower
Joined May 16, 2010
Welcome to the ranks!  Is the A-Maze-N smoker next on that list?

Just be carefull if you wipe down the glass to try and keep it clean. The sheet metal around the glass on the inside of the door is sharp, I've sliced open my finger twice!

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
Congratulations and welcome to the MES owners club...

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I was hoping back in September that you were gonna choose the MES over the Bradley.

You're gonna love it & you'll be glad you went in that direction. You will however need an A-MAZE-N-SMOKER to really enjoy some great (worry free) smokes, especially the ones below 180˚.

Congrats & enjoy,

Bear

pineywoods

Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Congrats on the new MES

bilder

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 29, 2010
I have the AMNS on the way already.  Should be here early next week. Till then I will make do with going outside every so often to add more chips.

That will not stop me from making a lot of goodies for the game tomorrow.  I have 15 pounds of butt, the makings for a couple fatties, and will be picking up some ABT fixings today. 

I did however, discover that I have a unit with a thermostat that does not like temps below 32 degrees.  I had to pour some boiling water to the pan this morning in order to get the temp inside the box above freezing so the element would kick in.  It is 9 degrees outside right now and the smoker is heating up nicely once the thermostat was happy.  I was impressed yesterday with the ability of the thing to hold heat while seasoning it.  Much better than my old smoker.  I would never dare to use my old one in these temps. 

This summer it will be all salmon all the time.  My kids are already planning the annual fishing expedition.  We bring home 40-60 salmon every year from the big trip and who knows how many from the other day jaunts to the local streams.

bilder

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 29, 2010
Correction!

I do NOT have a unit with a thermostat problem.  My wife was the one who took the water outside and just told me that it was already getting hot when she opened it to add the water to the pan.  Guess I was deaf and did not hear the element kick in when I turned it on and assumed the thermostat was a wimp.

My laziness has another layer of padding! 

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to the MES owners club!

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Poor guy---40 to 60 Salmon--plus !!!

And a young smiling helper yet!

Poor guy,

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.