Finally got my a-maze-n

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

custom99

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Pittsburgh - South Hills
My kids got me an a-maze-n for Christmas. I am already happy. Put some sea salt in this morning and have not had to touch it. My daughter said shipping was super fast. My question is how long the average burn time is. I burnt 2 rows in 4 hours. I thought it would burn longer.

What did you burn dust or pellets? Did you fill it to the top? If dust did you tamp it? 

These all make a difference.  If you smoke with dust fill to the top and tamp down lightly, if pellets be sure to fill to the top and pack fairly tight

I was using the pellets Todd sent with it. I did not pack them at all. I just dropped them in. I just got back home and checked and every pellet burned and just a little ash in the bottom. The salt came out better than any other time.

I guess it would have helped if my daughter gave me the paper with directions on it when they gave it to me. she just handed it to me and said she forgot to put it back in the box before wrapping it.

Very Cool kids you got!

Did you figure it out after reading the instructions?

Todd

Todd, yes I got it all figured out. Thanks. I really do have great kids. The got me the A-maze-n and a bunch of beef to play around with. Cant wait to use it more. Planning some beef brisket this week and I am getting some brisket in the brine tonight for my corned beef and pastrami.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky