Finally found a decent ribeye.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 31, 2014
Michigan
I was at a local butcher the other day and low and behold I found some ribeyes with out the big eye of fat. My preferred steak wasn’t cut yet so I went with the ribeye. I am assuming that they were cut closer to the loin resulting in less fat and a better chew like a strip steak. I seasoned the steaks with Three Little Pigs Texas Beef rub. I left the steaks uncovered in the fridge all day then tossed them in the freezer for roughly 40 minutes while the smoker was set up and the dog was walked. Smoked about an hour with KBB and pecan, then seared over KBB. These were much better then others I have had in the past and were served with mushrooms, other sides were fresh sweet corn and roasted asparagus.
637C2097-3172-4A46-B5E0-5556D67D4E47.jpeg
637C2097-3172-4A46-B5E0-5556D67D4E47.jpeg
0D492A2B-EFAE-4F5D-9663-CE4E15FB6F6F.jpeg
DFBA2449-EA67-4F9D-BA4C-FBA82FAB9BC1.jpeg
495453C4-AAE9-46A2-A62A-0CF9B442280C.jpeg
2F7F9B38-7957-4A79-9C7F-1E07EDF4FB13.jpeg

Whole meal looks awesome! Steak done to perfection and some tasty looking sweet corn. Very nice job

Ryan

Very nice . I love that strip of cap meat . So tender . Nice cook .

That's a fine looking plate of chow. Nicely done

Point for sure
Chris

Looks real good to me, but that cut is off the loin end, or the big end of the ribeye. I personally like the ribeye cap which is much thicker on the chuck end or the smaller end of the ribeye. It just melts in your mouth, and when we have guests over for a standing rib roast I take the ribeye cap off & save it for later. Chef’s choice!
Al

Great looking plate! And steak covered mushrooms? Sign me up!
Thanks Xray, we had some steaks later that week with some portabella mushrooms one per steak they turned out nice as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky