Finally Built Smokey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TigerMike

Original poster
Oct 26, 2017
IMG_20171230_174601731.jpg

Thanks to all the help, I broke down and built my UDS this week. I didn't take a bunch of pics during the build but here are a few of the finished product

Reactions: SmokinAl
Good looking rig
I have often wondered what the reason is for running the air intake vents up the side
It seems like stubbing the ball valves out at the bottom would be easier but it does make it look cooler

I ran mine up like mike did for two reasons
1 looks cool
2 I'm to lazy to bend over and see how open/closed the valves are
I'm no expert but that's my 2 cents. There may be a real reason guys are doing it that way

I ran mine up like mike did for two reasons
1 looks cool
2 I'm to lazy to bend over and see how open/closed the valves are
I'm no expert but that's my 2 cents. There may be a real reason guys are doing it that way
Sounds good to me and I was going to ask if it was so you didn't have to bend over but I thought that would sound rude but that would be why I would do it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky