Finally back to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motolife313

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 27, 2016
884A2D6A-8E82-4D84-A179-8C98737B0F57.jpeg
8AA190B2-F5B9-418A-A039-46D0ADC88A53.jpeg
62BFD322-7BF8-4BD7-9E29-A9E48B1C021A.jpeg
It’s been over a month since I smoked anything. Been out fishing instead. Had to clean my smoker out this morning. Had some mold because it has a water pan and I hate getting the water out of the pan after the cook because I have no drain valve yet. I want to get a stainless one just can’t find it local yet. Need to look harder lol. Anyway doing baby backs and turkey drum sticks. This time I got the smoker up to temp because I wanted to sterilize it. So I did that for about 1 hour then tossed the meat on so there cooking pretty quick. Smoking at about 225-250 and at 2 hours the turkey was at 161 and ribs 190, so I put butter on everything and it’s still going. Going to let it go about 2.5-3 hours. These are small ribs only about 1.5 pounds. marinated the turkey in bbq suace and beer and rub on ribs for 1 hour. Plum and oak wood. Going to use the bones in my crawdad cages tonight when I go fishing.

More pics coming

Nice start, waiting for the results.

Chris

Confucius says: I see more mold in your not so distant future. :rolleyes::D

Chris

Thanks guys for the nice comments. They would look even better with some bbq sauce

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky