Finally Apple Butter ( now that we have full power after the storm )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yum! Good looking stuff you got there. A friend of mine's dad owns a farm in Michigan and until this year we received tons of honey crisp apples every fall. I always wanted to try making some apple butter but never got around to it.

Thanks for the Love and the comment

I have never had an apple crisp, they sell them here . But you would think it was grown with gold water as it is almost twice the price of other apples.
But try it anyway, depending on the apples will also depend on the sugar amount

David

Thanks for the Love and the comment

I have never had an apple crisp, they sell them here . But you would think it was grown with gold water as it is almost twice the price of other apples.
But try it anyway, depending on the apples will also depend on the sugar amount

David
They are very sweet, and expensive no matter where you get them. If I wasn't getting them for free I'd never know the taste.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
WOW!!!
That looks amazing, my last house had 3 massive Granny smith apple trees. I miss all the goodies that we made out of the thousands of apples they produced each fall.
I don't miss the mess that they made and the hundreds of critters that they drew into the yard when the frees were baring fruit.

WOW!!!
That looks amazing, my last house had 3 massive Granny smith apple trees. I miss all the goodies that we made out of the thousands of apples they produced each fall.
I don't miss the mess that they made and the hundreds of critters that they drew into the yard when the frees were baring fruit.

Thanks Dan for the love and the comment

Love the apple butter and the other items I make from our trees, they still do not produce much yet as I only planted back a few years ago.
And my Dutch Apple Pie Jam....its the best.

Wish we had a Granny Smith tree here , and yes the critters love all the fruit trees here also. especially my big Cherry tree.

David

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
Thanks Dan for the love and the comment

Love the apple butter and the other items I make from our trees, they still do not produce much yet as I only planted back a few years ago.
And my Dutch Apple Pie Jam....its the best.

Wish we had a Granny Smith tree here , and yes the critters love all the fruit trees here also. especially my big Cherry tree.

David
I always had my 1970 .22 cal Sheridan pellet gun or Henry Golden Boy lever action .22 Cal with CB caps at the ready for tree rats, and squirrels. I gave coons and opossums a pass because they would carry off the other dead critters to munch on, and we aren't overrun with them around here like some areas are.

And I sure do miss the many hundreds of apples and the goodies Mama/ my Wife would make out of them, the apple butter was my chore. I loved making it each fall, it makes great Christmas gifts.

And I sure do miss the many hundreds of apples and the goodies Mama/ my Wife would make out of them, the apple butter was my chore. I loved making it each fall, it makes great Christmas gifts.

Thanks Dan for the Ha Ha and the comment

Yes I wish our trees would produce more , but they are still young. I really like the apple butter and yes makes nice gifts
But my favorite from the apples ( not counting Mona's apple pies ) is My Dutch Apple Pie Jam.

My biggest problem critters is the Crows than squirrels and sometimes the raccoons.

David

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky