Fillet cheesesteak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Bear! That's 3/4 of a pound of meat there on a big homemade bun, two of then are going to be a challenge! Thank you for the Like John, I do appreciate it. RAY

RAY

OOOOPS---I didn't think it was that big. I'd be lucky to handle only one of them, nowadays. I would definitely give it a Try!!

Bear

Reactions: sawhorseray
One fine looking sandwich Ray!! Too funny though. When I first read the title to the post I thought you misspelled "Philly" then read the post and realized it was my brain fart :emoji_laughing: Excellent job my friend. Sure wish I could fine filets around here at that price. I've looked and the best I can find, with my rewards card is $16 a pound. Can't justify that so just gonna wait it out.

Robert

Tenderloin cheesesteak is mighty high eatin.' That's a hella' deal on tenderloin. The best I ever see around here is $9.99/lb. and that might come from "retired" dairy cows.

One fine looking sandwich Ray!! Too funny though. When I first read the title to the post I thought you misspelled "Philly" then read the post and realized it was my brain fart :emoji_laughing: Excellent job my friend. Sure wish I could fine filets around here at that price. I've looked and the best I can find, with my rewards card is $16 a pound. Can't justify that so just gonna wait it out. Robert

Thanks you Robert! These were the first fillet roasts I've bought in many years, I stopped buying them when they went over $7 a pound at Costco, switched over to ribeye's. Thank you for the Like Robert, I do appreciate it. RAY

Looks excellant Ray.

Thanks Jim, and thank you for the Like, it's much appreciated! RAY

Tenderloin cheesesteak is mighty high eatin.' That's a hella' deal on tenderloin. The best I ever see around here is $9.99/lb. and that might come from "retired" dairy cows.

Yeah Braz, ten bucks a pound was about the best sale price I've seen for years now. This market is new to me but they seem to run some great specials, nice to be stocked up for awhile. RAY

You would think I'd learn not to look at SMF before lunch time. Now I'm doing my best not to get into my lunch here at work this early! Good lookng sammy!
Jim

You would think I'd learn not to look at SMF before lunch time. Now I'm doing my best not to get into my lunch here at work this early! Good lookng sammy! Jim

I know what you mean Jim, I've been thinking a lot of making another one of these since the first one, some special stuff! Thanks for the Like Jim, it is much appreciated. RAY

Reactions: JLeonard
OMG! All I can say is a filet cheese steak has to be just fantastic! And yours looks spectacular!! Al

Thanks a ton Al! I've been making a cheesestaek sanny at least once a week since I got the BS flattop a few months ago. This was by far the best, obviously due to the quality of the meat, and not something I'll be doing all the time. Thank you for the Like Al, I do appreciate it! RAY

Man Ray that's a great looking cheesesteak! I'll take whatever is leftover from what the Bear doesn't finish. It's been too long since I made one.

I like that shot of mustard on them, I'd definitely like that!

That is one nice looking cheesesteak sandwich!I would have one anytime... As a matter of fact, I still have one a tail left from whole piece of filet mignon, vac packed and kept in my freezer... enough for one sammy!

Man Ray that's a great looking cheesesteak! I'll take whatever is leftover from what the Bear doesn't finish. It's been too long since I made one. I like that shot of mustard on them, I'd definitely like that!

Thanks Joe! I can't even say I know why I put that squeeze of mustard on the sanny, never done that before, but I liked it. Thanks for the Like my friend, I do appreciate it, RAY

That is one nice looking cheesesteak sandwich!I would have one anytime... As a matter of fact, I still have one a tail left from whole piece of filet mignon, vac packed and kept in my freezer... enough for one sammy!

Thanks Push! Thaw that tail out and go for it. When you stop and think about it comes thru that it's about the best thing to do with that hunk of fillet meat, tho a French dip sanny would make a pretty good use of it also. Thanks for the Like Push, I do appreciate it. RAY

Last edited:
Processed a beef tenderloin roast I picked up on sale for $6.77 a pound. After I cut a half dozen thick fillet steaks I thin sliced the 3/4 pound tail end for a cheesesteak sanny
View attachment 467041
Fired up the Blackstone and tossed on some red bell pepper and onions
View attachment 467042
A minute later mixed in the meat and tossed it around.
View attachment 467043
Things were cookin' fast, dumped on three thick slices of sharp cheddar and covered everything with a pan lid for the cheese to melt, everything goes onto a homemade bun.View attachment 467044

A little tater salad, and a couple squirts of mustard and a beer, ready to eat, tender as could be.
View attachment 467045
Took all of about five minutes and made me happy! Thanks or lookin'. RAY
Wow! Awesome job bud!

Wow! Awesome job bud

Thank you very much, and thanks for the Like, I appreciate it! RAY

Oh yeah I get tenderloin scraps now and then for a decent price. A little sear on the Weber

Yep, that's all I ever did with them before I got the little BS flattop a few months back. With three smokers, a flattop, and a propane stove out on my patio I spend more time there than in the kitchen, Arizona's nice weather year round. Thanks for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

giphy.gif

Sign me up for one! Congrats on the ride man. Looks awesome and gave everyone a great idea what do with the tenderloin scraps!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky