Fig and Pecan Muffins (Quick Bread)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
I use to do quite a bit of baking but have not done much of it lately. Since I recently ran across my grandmother's favorite cookbook I have started back into it. Here is a great breakfast muffin recipe. Figs and pecans go together like Yin and Yang....
IMG_20230129_215601.jpg

Fig-Pecan Muffins

2 cups sifted all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
3 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup chopped preserved figs 3/8" dice
1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
1 cup milk
1/4 cup veg. oil
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 400*F. Grease bottoms of 12 muffin cups in muffin tin. or line with paper cups.
2. sift flour with sugar, baking powder, and salt into medium bowl. Add diced figs and pecans.
3. Measure milk in 2 cup measuring cup, Add oil, egg, and vanilla extract; beat with a fork to mix well.
4. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients. Pour in milk mixture all at once; stir quickly. with fork, until dry ingredients are moistened. It is ok to have some lumps. Do not beat.
5. Quickly transfer batter to prepared muffin tin cups. Filling 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden.
6. Loosen edge of each muffin with a butter knife; turn out. Serve hot.

Looks great Keith and brings back a lot of memories. Growing up, my grandmother had a huge fig tree in her yard and always made preserves and occasionally bread and cookies. I wish that I had a good source of fresh figs now.
Figs and pecans go together like Yin and Yang....
They absolutely do...

Boy those muffins do sound good Keith.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky