Feta/Andouille Stuffed Avocado

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yummie!!!

Looks delicious!!

Have you forsaken your other smokers for your new love??

Craig

[quote name="fpnmf" url="/forum/thread/105503/feta-andouille-stuffed-avocado#post_620580"]
Yummie!!!

Looks delicious!!

Have you forsaken your other smokers for your new love??

Craig
[/quote]

Naaaa

I have had my MAK for a couple years. Everytime it seems i can fire it up its either raining ,freezing or snowing.

[quote name="realtorterry" url="/forum/thread/105503/feta-andouille-stuffed-avocado#post_620643"]
wow, that's off the hook!!  did you put panko around them
[/quote]

Just plain old seasoned bread crumbs.

In the stuffing was homemade andouille, feta, cilantro, onions

This stuffed Avacado looks like something I have run across in Houston and Southern Texas. They called them cannonballs. Its avacado stuffed with meat/cheese (chicken, pork, beef, or shrimp), then the entire thing is battered and deep fried.

Been thinking of doing something similar but Maybe wrap the thing in bacon and smoke instead of deep frying...

Looks-Great.gif

Coming from the land of avocados, I thought I had seen them all but that looks mighty tasty (except for the feta - I can change it)

They cook them, stuff them and  deep fry them and use them in almost every manner you can think of including ice cream

Nice job.

Trivia - Did you know that there are over 1000 varieties of avocados and that in CA there are over 500 types grown organically

That looks great!  I like the idea of wrapping in bacon and smoking, but do you think it will oxidize and turn brown

Coming from the land of avocados, I thought I had seen them all but that looks mighty tasty (except for the feta - I can change it)

They cook them, stuff them and  deep fry them and use them in almost every manner you can think of including ice cream

Nice job.

Trivia - Did you know that there are over 1000 varieties of avocados and that in CA there are over 500 types grown organically
Probably drying them & smoking them too!

Looks great nepas....... you always make me hungry 

I wish you could but oxygen is the avocado's enemy and they turn brown and ugly really fast. I am not sure if you could keep hitting them with some acidulated (lemon or other acidic fruit) water to help. Sounds mighty tasty though.  2 Weeks ago we had 70 K in visitors for the annual avocado fest. What a crazy day that is  

[quote name="Bearcarver" url="/forum/thread/105503/feta-andouille-stuffed-avocado#post_624284"]

[/quote]

unfortunately, they have too much fat, and will go rancid during the drying process. I tried this out one time when I first got into dehydrating my own backpacking foods. Ruined an entire dehydrator load of veggies, too.

[quote name="Scarbelly" url="/forum/thread/105503/feta-andouille-stuffed-avocado#post_624202"]
...use them in almost every manner you can think of including ice cream...[/quote]

I remember A.B. doing that in an episode, but never tried it. Sounds good, though.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky