Fess up folks. Who besides me sniffs the smoke from the stack?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tallbald

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 2, 2018
Southern KY
Yesterday during my ill fated, aborted chuck roast smoke (another story) I caught myself several times sniffing an up close whiff of the sweet sweet hickory smoke mixed with meat and spices wafting from the stack of my OK Joe Highland. Just a careful short whiff. Mercy it smelled so good. Almost a primitive scent which evoked (genetically implanted?) ancient memories. I bet I'm not completely alone. Don.

Last edited:
Fully Guilty, slap on the cuffs.

Hey Don, waft the smoke with your hand towards you to sniff it.
Huffing at the stack can get you into trouble. Singed nose hairs, coughing/gagging, and not to mention that Pretty neighbor giving you funny looks....
Of course here, they'd just figure it was the biggest bong they ever saw. :rolleyes::eek:
But yeah, Guilty as charged here. :oops:Taste tests, and of course test sniffs...
Just gotta do it.

Reactions: KCowTown
Guilty big time! Love to sniff the WSM smoke! Also, use my hand to slighty cover the top vent for a second, and then smell my hand, and I do this in front of my wife and kids sometimes.

Reactions: KCowTown
24zfax.jpg

Guilty as well! I have a jar of smoked salt in my room, sometimes I open it overnight after a stressful day. It really helps me relax and think about new things to try in the smoker. Who knows, maybe I have a creosote build up on my brain somewhere.;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky