Fess up folks. Who besides me sniffs the smoke from the stack?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Guilty as charged can't help it I'm addicted to the smoke. I also will be buried with my smoker and my Harley
Phil

Boys, we are going to need a bigger backhoe bucket for this funeral....

Quite a while back (1990's), we came up with our own. We cremate, then a procession goes up through one of our favorite rides in the canyons.
The lead takes the line, and to group takes the fog lines left and right. The designate chick or Bro's wife does the box.
The box is opened and held high, and the Brothers ashes forever become a part of the wind amidst the thunder.
It isn't legal, but then, neither are some of our modifications.

Reactions: ab canuck
Of course I sniff the smoke coming out my MES stack!!!! How else would I be sure that all is good in my world. Luckily my closest neighbor is a quarter mile away.
Gary

Ya, we have a drone overhead and are monitoring your unusual behaviors.
Stack sniffing will be dealt with with extreme embarrassment. :rolleyes::oops:

Guilty, but in a different way. I went out to the garage the other night to grab a beer out of the fun fridge, and sniffed the stack of my unlit Oklahoma Joe... certain smells really do have an effect on your brain. It's relaxing. I know certain smells trigger memories of my childhood, always have. Hopefully my kids (2 and 4) smell burning wood and sweating meat throughout their adult years and it takes them back. Hopefully they are both using all the knowledge I've passed down too! My son is 4 and can grill his own brats... supervised of course.

Reactions: KCowTown
Guilty too. It is a very relaxing smell. Favorite one has got to be apple wood. After a smoke there's a few days where getting stuff in the garage takes a little longer.

I just Cuped it with my hand and it smelled pretty good. The stack is well over my head

And after smoking on a open 10'x32' back porch, all under a 13' sloped roof for some 13+ years, the whole porch smells like a BBQ joint, even when there is nothing smoking. I've had visitors walk up to the back porch door (which is also our side door that friends and family use) and ask what I have cooking a week or more after I used the smokers. The unpainted wood of the deck and supports seems to just soak up that smell. Ahhhhh..................

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky