Favorite frozen pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingUPnorth

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 7, 2017
Michigan UP
Just curious about what everyone’s go to easy meal frozen pizza choice is? With a busy family we sometimes don’t have time to cook when we’re on the run during the week and we turn to frozen pizzas a lot instead of fast food. Our favorites are
-Digiorno
-Jacks (we add more mozzarella on top)
- and believe it or not ever since I was a lot Totinos party pizza.

What’s your favorite frozen pies?

Reactions: JLeonard
I like Digiorno stuff crust, but since it's the same price as a Domino's large 5 topping we haven't bought one in a while. Domino's has had a 5 topping coupon on the back of their take out menu for a while - only 9.99. Here at least.

Chris

We have been getting Jacks thin crust or the Meijer generic brand thin crust. It’s okay, just not superb. It’s a go to for us because it’s lower in carbs. Wife was recently diagnosed type 2 diabetic and I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic so we have had to take a whole new look at nutrition.

These 2 pizzas have 105 carbs in total so if we cut it into 8 pieces then it’s just 13 carbs per slice. Our goals are 40 carbs or less for my wife and 60 or less for me. 2 slices and some veggies is a good meal for us know instead of a whole Torino’s each like we used to do

Can't recall buying frozen pizza other that once I bought a Digorno's.
In my younger days I did consume a fair amount of Totino's Pizza Rolls. Haha
Now days, I have a pizza oven and make my own every other Saturday.
I do make 4 dough balls at a time, then freeze 3 of them.
Those could "almost" be called a frozen pizza.

An option to store-bought pizza is to blind bake several crusts at a time and freeze them. Then you build a pie and bake in the oven or on the grill.

PslPbjD.jpg

7TO3J5c.jpg

IpGVXsI.jpg

7O8kZYt.jpg

Peps Drafthaus is my favorite frozen pizza currently being made. 7th Ave, Heggies, or Red Baron are fine in a pinch. Pizza Corner used to be the greatest frozen pizza ever but unfortunately they sold out to Bernatellos and now they are barely edible. Bernatellos is much like Johnny Morris and what he did to Cabelas and Ranger Boats. They can turn an amazing brand into crap almost overnight because of their cheapness and greed.

frozen pizza choice is?
We have some pretty good pizza in the St. Louis area , and a lot of them are offered as frozen . I usually by 2 a week . Imo's , 4 hands Brewery , Mama Lucia's , Dog Town and others . Probably only sold local , but I'm not sure about that . Frozen has come a long way from what it once was .
I do like Tombstone Pepperoni and Totino's is a junk food fix for me .

We have some pretty good pizza in the St. Louis area , and a lot of them are offered as frozen Mama Lucia's

They sell Mama Lucia's frozen meatballs up here. I wonder if it's the same outfit. They aren't bad for frozen meatballs.

Chris

Reactions: Steve H and chopsaw
I've eaten a bunch of brands but usually go for Tombstone's Pepperoni.
Disgusting brand IMHO........love them too.....They doctor up to a pretty good pizza. And pretty cheap too. Tony's can be worked to a good fix too.

Spaghetti or meatball grinders Steve? Either one sounds good right now.

My wife will grab a Digiorno usually. We use to grab this this company wild MIke’s but our grocery store no longer carry’s it. About a year and a half ago I was shopping and was going to get some of those mama Celeste pizza, but they suck. I looked around and found the Torino’s brand, but had never had it. Grabbed two. I don’t know what it is but I like that little crappy pizza. Red pepper flakes and I hit it with a Sriracha.

I don't remember the last time we had a frozen pizza but we do the Papa Murphy's take and bake every once in a while.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky