Fatty's (1st Time)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pote05

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 27, 2010
Joetown, MO
Got all the stuff to make my first fatty.. Gonna stuff it with Green & Red Peppers, Red Onions, Pepper Jack Cheese... Should I cook the Peppers & Onions first??

Just my opinion here, I would saute the onions down because I love the rich taste that even lightly caramelized onions give, and to get rid of moisture.  I would maybe char the peppers and peel them, if I had time, just enough to give them a bit more flavor, and let their flavor get out into the meat more, but sometimes that fresh pepper taste is the point, so then, I wouldn't.  Don't sweat it too much!  They are going to be good!!!

I have done it both ways with pre-cooking the peppers and onions and it turned out great. I also have put them in raw and it tasted great. Whatever you choose it should turn out great. Good luck and post some pictures. 

16b712af_IMG_2798.jpg

I would base my answer on how you like the texture of the peppers and onions. Personally, I like my al dente. It's all good my friend.

icon_cool.gif

I really like your little man-cave that you have going on there. Now is that thick cut bacon that I'm seeing on the table. Thick cut bacon doesn't have time to really cook up the way that most folks like it. Tha's whay we recommend that you use thin and cheep bacon on our fatties. It will be alright so you don't have to run out and buy more bacon it's just next time you'll now.

Haha nice looking bar man I would not mind a sip from the single barrel up there. Good looking Man-Cave. Some day I can have a set-up like that. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky