• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Fattie Tutorial

checkdude

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2016
Nice post. I have made several of these, every one diferent. Couldn't say which I liked the best. Always the one I just ate lol! As simle as you please but so so tasty.

JckDanls 07

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 10, 2011
Yup.. just did one a few wknds ago... Filled with mac and cheese and fresh broccoli ...

clifish

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 25, 2019
If this contest was anywhere near me I would love to do a bacon wrapped bratwurst, stuffed with sauerkraut, Jarlsberg or Gouda cheese served with some spicy mustard.

Retired Spook

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 28, 2022
If this contest was anywhere near me I would love to do a bacon wrapped bratwurst, stuffed with sauerkraut, Jarlsberg or Gouda cheese served with some spicy mustard.
Ever tried Rolph's on Third Ave and E 22nd Street in NYC? Back in the day that was The German place to go!

Last edited:

clifish

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 25, 2019
Ever tried Rolph's on Third Ave and E 22nd Street in NYC? Back in the day that was The German place to go!
No, never been there, current reviews of the place are not so hot, still may check it out. Most of the ones on Long Island are not that good. Need to try Zum Stammtisch in Queens though. We mostly go to nurnberger bierhaus in lake ariel, PA when are at the PA house.

hillbillyrkstr

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2013
Sounds like a great idea for an October fest fattie!

Retired Spook

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 28, 2022
No, never been there, current reviews of the place are not so hot, still may check it out. Most of the ones on Long Island are not that good. Need to try Zum Stammtisch in Queens though. We mostly go to nurnberger bierhaus in lake ariel, PA when are at the PA house.
I don't trust online reviews much anymore - half the kids today were raised believing Chef Boyardee is "real Italian food."

They had some killer pork chops, they know that a brautwurst is all pork and their Wiener Schnitzel was fantastic. I had Wiener Schnitzel there with some kind of mushroom sauce it was awesome.

It was years ago so things may have changed but I would not be afraid to walk in the door if I was back home again.

And man do I miss fishing the south shore and Captree.

clifish

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 25, 2019
I don't trust online reviews much anymore - half the kids today were raised believing Chef Boyardee is "real Italian food."

They had some killer pork chops, they know that a brautwurst is all pork and their Wiener Schnitzel was fantastic. I had Wiener Schnitzel there with some kind of mushroom sauce it was awesome.

It was years ago so things may have changed but I would not be afraid to walk in the door if I was back home again.

And man do I miss fishing the south shore and Captree.
I have made that gravy it is called German hunters gravy....speaking of fishing, I am going on a private charter tomorrow out in Montauk. They are getting huge fluke and stripers now.

Retired Spook

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 28, 2022
I have made that gravy it is called German hunters gravy....speaking of fishing, I am going on a private charter tomorrow out in Montauk. They are getting huge fluke and stripers now.
Fished many days in the surf at Montauk, the False Point (stripers and blues) and Shinnecock Bay (weakfish). I miss it very much. No place in the Country, including Hawaii, comes anywhere close to the inshore fishing around south and eastern Long Island.

Catch an 8-lb Fluke for me! :emoji_thumbsup:

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.