Father's Day, Whatcha Cookin?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Celebrating it this afternoon, 

Smoked 2 butts yesterday for pulled pork, made some sauce of course & Smoking 20 lbs of chicken quarters today.

I think that should feed 35 people

Secretly hoping for leftovers to make Pulled Pork Taco's & Smoked Chicken Salad.   Just don't tell any of them.

I haven't cooked anything for Father's Day since my Dad died in 1994.

It is now my Son's turn to cook for Me !!! I'm the Father---I'm supposed to take it easy!!!

He didn't install his New BGE, so whatever it is, it will be made on his old Black Egg.

I'm sure everything will surround a large Steak!!
drool.gif

Bear

Smoked Cilantro Lime Chicken....

Marinade:

1/4 cup fresh lime juice

1/2 cup chopped cilantro

6 cloves minced garlic

1 Tbs. honey

1 Tbs. olive oil

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

Combine marinade.  Place 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a gallon ziplock bag, and then pour the marinade over the chicken.  Marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.  Place on smoker @ 250* for approximately 2.5 hours, until internal temperature of chicken is 165*.

Here's a shot of the chicken and some basic ABTs about 2 hours in.  The breasts are getting close...IT is about 155*.

Plated, w/ a green salad with Mrs. Red's homemade Italian garlic and oil dressing.

Red

We will be celebrating on Monday. I'm going to try my first prime rib! I'll keep you updated and throw in some pictures. Wish me luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky