Father’s Day Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RiversideSm0ker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
Riverside, Cal
So here we go with my Father’s Day smoke. I started the day taking my Dad to breakfast. He had a great time and really enjoyed himself, I’m so grateful to be able to spend this time with my Dad. Here are a few pics of my main dish from beginning to end. The last shot is the gift my wife gave me today. I hope that all the dads out there enjoyed your special day.
22F30D1B-1071-4A6B-8101-8F2BD5CA6418.jpeg
3D483EED-5E5C-48B0-BE80-F0B59DEA23B4.jpeg
2064DDC1-C340-49F0-A112-6F0EBFDE7C1D.jpeg
8834545A-E190-4DF7-BEB8-6E993B1D3361.jpeg

George

Nice color on those ribs. They look fantastic. I had to work Friday - Sunday 12 hour shifts. So no
Special smoke in our house.

Point for sure.

Chris

Thanks for all of the likes guys. The ribs were outstanding. I made some wings that did not turn out as well but I’m eating the evidence. I’m really excited about trying this new temp probe. I love the features and the design. That brisket cook is right around the corner on the 4th. Have a great day guys.

George

I have that exact same temp probe, and I love it! It's way more accurate than the built-in ones on my MES30. I found out the MES30 runs about 10 - 15 degrees lower than the setpoint. I also bought a second meat probe and use that for multiple cuts of meat more often than the ambient probe. You'll want to invest in a different probe holder, though, if you plan to use the ambient probe. The one that comes with it is garbage.

I have that exact same temp probe, and I love it! It's way more accurate than the built-in ones on my MES30. I found out the MES30 runs about 10 - 15 degrees lower than the setpoint. I also bought a second meat probe and use that for multiple cuts of meat more often than the ambient probe. You'll want to invest in a different probe holder, though, if you plan to use the ambient probe. The one that comes with it is garbage.
I actually have a great set of probe clips that I will be using. They have multiple size openings and work perfect with this just like they did with the older unit I was using for grate temp monitoring. I will continue to use that other unit for the hot side of my smoker but this one will be used where I do most of my cooking. Thanks for the heads up on that clip.

George

For the life of me I can't get that clip to stay still in my grill. If anyone has any tricks, I'd love to know what they are!

I bought a set of probe clips from Amazon previously that have a different design and that fit perfect on my grill. I will just continue to use that clip for the new probe. Not sure why the guys at ThermPro designed it the way that they did.

George

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky