FAJITA MARINADE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Beat me to it and did a much better job. I was gonna say gold rush...

While I am at it, get some some good soy at an asian market. Big difference than supermarket stuff (less salty) and far cheaper too. If you don't have access get the low sodium Kikkoman. In the case of skirt steak but not for pineapple sausage LOL we want the pineapple's bromelain to help break down and tenderize the steak.

Beat me to it and did a much better job. I was gonna say gold rush...

While I am at it, get some some good soy at an asian market. Big difference than supermarket stuff (less salty) and far cheaper too. If you don't have access get the low sodium Kikkoman. In the case of skirt steak but not for pineapple sausage LOL we want the pineapple's bromelain to help break down and tenderize the steak.
10-4 will do thanks

Ethnic diversity/Fusion has a positive effect across the board. Crossing varieties of Purebred Animals, dogs, pigs , cattle, usually results in healthier animals with the best traits of the parents coming to the forefront. Enthnic divesity in humans is responsibe for some of the most Beautiful Woman and Handsome Men in the world! Works for a whole lot of Food too!...JJ

I've attached an old (20+ years ago) recipe from Sunset Magazine for Burritos. It is an absolute killer. I know that a burrito is not a fajita, but if you look at how this is actually made, the tortillas don't get fried or cooked, so IMHO it IS actually a fajita. Back when my kids were still around, this was their favorite dinner.

Attachments

• Sunset Burritos Grande.pdf
    76.9 KB · Views: 51
Ethnic diversity/Fusion has a positive effect across the board. Crossing varieties of Purebred Animals, dogs, pigs , cattle, usually results in healthier animals with the best traits of the parents coming to the forefront. Enthnic divesity in humans is responsibe for some of the most Beautiful Woman and Handsome Men in the world! Works for a whole lot of Food too!...JJ
I agree with the food and women !!!

Chinese were once the second largest immigrant population in Mexico during the mid to late 19th century.
This is where soy and fish sauces came into play along with some cooking methods.
Carne asada almost always contains soy sauce.

And similarly you'll find a lot of German influences in food, music and blond haired, blue eyed Mexicans in certain regions.

Another classic example is Al Pastor, it originates from the middle eastern shawarma.
Brought to Mexico by the Lebanese in the early 1900's.

Take India as one small example of somewhere very far away that people don’t usually associate with Mexico.
In India there is a delicious dessert that is based on rice and milk.
Mexico has an identical typical dessert named “arroz con leche”.
The only difference is Mexicans use cinnamon and top it with raisins, Indians use cardemum (and even the flavor in these two spices is similar).
Both countries think it was invented locally.
Who influenced who? Who knows?
Both traditional dishes are hundreds of years old by now.

Historically, Mexican cooks have been extremely effective at adopting and incorporating new flavors and techniques. They’ve been doing it continuously for half a millenia, longer than any other civilization.

Mexican food is perhaps the first world fusion cuisine
Thanks for the education on Mexican Cuisine Chile....very interesting!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky