Fabricators Anywhere?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Displaced Texan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 11, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
Hello all. I am looking for get 2 more steel tuning plates made for my Bell Fab. Does anyone know of any fabricators who could do that for me? I'm in the southwest suburbs of Chicago.

Thanks.

Reactions: JLeonard
Anyplace that has metal and a way to cut it should be able to make them. Do a google search for your area I’m sure there are options
Great, thanks, peachey. I'll see how my Google-Fu is working.

Edit: Just thought if someone had personal experience, or heck, maybe does fabrication, that would have been good. Looks to be plenty of places near me. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Found a place nearby. They told me yesterday they would call when they were done, which is supposed to be today. I hadn't heard from them, so I emailed about 20 minutes ago and they said they are ready to be picked up.

I can't get there in time by 5 o'clock, and they said they won't wait for me. Lol, pretty crappy, if you ask me.

Typical of service these days. Hopefully the tuning plates, which I assume these guys can do in their sleep, turn out okay. Really wanted them for tomorrow. Oh well. I should have emailed earlier I guess.

Edit: They said they were just done before I emailed. I will give the benefit of the doubt.

Got the tuning plates. Now, to get them dialed in. Those 2 are 6x23. I have another that is 12x23. Will see how this works.

IMG_8770.JPG

Hello all. I am looking for get 2 more steel tuning plates made for my Bell Fab. Does anyone know of any fabricators who could do that for me? I'm in the southwest suburbs of Chicago.

Thanks.
Selvaggio Steel, but it's a 3 hour straight shot south down I-55 in Springfield...

Oh, and as a follow-up here, the initial plates were not cut to exactly 23". They were cut to 23 3/8 for some reason. I brought them back, and not only did the guy cut them to 23, he cut one of them down the middle, which now gives me exactly what I need.

They performed as desired. Here is a pic of the Tel-Trus about halfway through a brisket cook last Saturday as well as the plates in the pit. They are the two on the right, of course. The original is on the left and blends in due to the lighting.

IMG_8789 2.JPG

IMG_8787.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky