Eye Round (Sous Vide)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No need to ask where's the beef . You got some good eats and a bunch of meals out of that one .
All good meals . Nice work .

Thank You Rich!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

that's some fine looking meals Bear, i still got to try an sv eye round.

Thank You Jim!!
Yup, Eye Round & Chuckies are my best SV successes.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

The meal looks delicious! I can see from the picks that beef is fork tender!

Thank You Push!!
Yes---Definitely Tender!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks darned tasty Bear, you definitely have them eye of rounds dialed in! It’s perfectly cooked!

Thank You Justin!!
These Eye Rounds are so easy to get perfect.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great Bear!! I would love to do this more often but it seems my EOR always end up as jerky.

Like!!

Thank You Xray!!
LOL---Yeah, it's tempting to make Jerky out of it !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great looking beef Bear! Soon as the local grocery has some EOR on sale im loading up on them for SV beef and hopefully a batch of jerky too. They should be whippin gout a BOGO deal on these soon...im hopin!!

Thank You Sandy!!
I got a couple since this one for $2.49, but it went right back up the next week.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great! NICE SEAR. Just ran one for 48hrs and waiting to try it.

@tropics I thought SV would be a one trick pony but am using mine way more than I ever thought. It is killer for cooking sausage perfectly...

Thank You Sam!! How did you like the 48 hour one?
I found the 48 isn't needed for Eye Round, but some Chuckies definitely need it.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice piece of work John, I'm thinking I'm overdue for a chucky or a EOR, it's been awhile, Iike! RAY

Thank You Ray!!
Our whole cooking cycle has been disrupted for the past year.
Once our shopping gets back to more normal, we should be able to assume our normal Menu rotation.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That looks great Bear. A few weeks ago eye round was on sale and I was going to buy one and try to smoke it. The store was sold out. Now I'm glad they were, because now I know how I want to cook it, sous vide.

Rob

I paid more than I like for this one, but it was Too long since I had some good Beef, so I bought it.
Now a few weeks later they had Eye Round on sale for $2.49, so I bought an 8 pounder. Wait 'til you see that biggie!! Just fit in my Sous Vide Supreme tank.
I would have gotten more than One, but I'm not crazy about getting big batches when the store does the shopping & we just pick it up.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Beef looks perfectly done! Some great looking sammies you made, but I'm partial to your first plate... meat, mashed taters and gravy! Delicious!

Ryan

Thank You Ryan!!
This Beef is Awesome either way---So Tender & Tasty!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks good. I just looked at the price of the eyes today when in town. We were at that same price, which I tend to pass on when its up like that.

Thank You Rider!!
Yup, I usually pass up Eye Rounds & Chuckies when they're over $4, but it was quite a few months without, so I got this small one.
However not long after, they were $2.49, so I got an 8 pounder!!

Bear

Bear, Yet another awesome SV post, your beef looks excellent. I'll be copying this recipe!

Thank You CM!!
This is one of the Best ones to follow.
It is Really Great !! Time & Temp is Perfect!

Bear

That looks delicious Bear. Great work. I'd eat all of that and not complain one bit, lol. I've never SV'd before, from reading about here the last few years, I have to say my interest is definitely piqued. Thanks for sharing.

Thank You Mike!!
I guarantee, you'd love what you can do with SV. It's Amazing!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great Idea and the Beef looks amazing. Nice work. Did you sear under the broiler or on the stove top?

Attachments

• Garthfiled Eating.jpg
    Garthfiled Eating.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 9
Great Idea and the Beef looks amazing. Nice work. Did you sear under the broiler or on the stove top?

Thank You Haggar!!!
On this one I did what I usually do----Seared in a Hot Frying Pan, while Torching the hard to get areas.

Bear

Reactions: Haggar
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky