Excited

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

907steve

Original poster
Mar 19, 2016
Hello, my name is Steve and I live in Alaska. Before I had kids, I had an offset smoker/grill. I loved it, but it was labor intensive which was part of what I enjoyed. Fast forward 6 years and I bought a house, had kids and between going to my kids events and the dreaded honeydo list, I feel like I don't have the time to tend to that style of smoking foods. My wife bought me a master built electric smoker while I was away for work. I came in to the garage and there it was. Since I live in Alaska I smoke a ton of salmon and in the past I have used the little chief smokers which work ok. Needless to say, I'm excited about trying my new smoker. I'm sure I will have a ton of questions. Thanks in advance for any tips/pointers you might have.

Welcome to the forum Steve!

Glad to have you with us!

Plenty of guys on here with your smoker to help you get started.

Al

Welcome Steve, that is a nice gift your wife gave you.

A couple of tips, as you know with your offset meat internal temp is important, so if you dont already have one, get a good meat thermometer that you can read remotely like a Maverick ET-732 or similar. Also, allot of guys here use an accessory with the MES called an AMAZN pellet smoker, that way you don't have to add chips all the time and the smoke is more consistent and less intense.

There is a learning curve to the MES so be patient, there are a lot of guys here that have them, myself included.

Have fun and happy holidays

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky