exceeding every exspectation, so far

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Lookn4u

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 5, 2018
Arlington, TX
Well, I've had my Rec Tec Bull for almost two months now. I've done quick cooks, long overnight cooks and everything in-between. Cooking beef, poultry, pork and even some un natural combinations there of. Cakes, pies, and all sorts of beans, and even mac and cheese dishes. This thing is built like a tank and has never missed a beat. On my long over night cook we had a rain shower come in on us and I just placed the plug over the shelf with the controller in it and covered that with a cookie sheet and some weights to keep it from blowing off. The temp never dropped more than two degrees and only went over one degree when the rain suddenly stopped. My biggest surprise so far is how few pellets it seems to use.

On my original order the second shelf and the competition cart where backordered, but have since shown up. My biggest problem there being that when I have enough time off to install the cart, I would rather cook on it instead. So, my 60 day in opinion is: this thing is great, I love it, everybody loves the food I cook on it, and I would recommend Rec Tec to anyone without hesitation. I have made a few post that have plenty of pics from most of my cooks.

Ive seen your post and they all look delicious. Glad to hear your happy with your pit. If I was gonna use a pellet grill it most likely would be that one. Ive heard nothing but good things.

Reactions: Lookn4u
I ordered on April 30th and I had the pallet sitting in my driveway on the 11th of May, minus the second shelf and the comp cart which were back ordered. Both have since been delivered.

Reactions: TonyBones
That is great to hear!
So far I haven't had the urge to buy a pellet grill.
But if I ever do I certainly would look at the Rec Tec's.
Al

Happy to hear you are having a good time with your pit. I have had my 700 for almost 2 weeks. Only been able to cook on it twice. Both of my cooks have been high temp. I am amazed how fast this thing comes back to temp after having the lid open. Of course right now the lid is open more than it should be. :) 150 degree temp drop recovers in a few minutes and doesn't overshoot by more than 5 degrees.
2 shoulders are queued up for this weekend. Figure no time like the present to do an overnight cook. This will be the first cook under 275. I am looking forward to the smoke profile I get. I have 100% Hickory pellets.
Do you or have used a smoking tube in the 700? When cooking at 225 how is the smoke profile?

Sounds like you made the right choice. Happy it's working out and everyone has a full belly.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky