Excalibur Seasoning Shout Out.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Recently made an order to Walton’s for supplies since they are about the closest supply to me and have faster shipping and cheaper too. Anyway I added some “pork sausage seasoning” on a whim not knowing exactly what to expect. Maybe a breakfast type maybe a farmer style I really didn’t know. But I mixed some up with a pound of ground pork today, I can say that it is a spicy sage type breakfast flavor. Very delicious with a little cayenne on the back. So for those looking for a packaged mix, this makes very good breakfast sausage. The bag is .5 pound and mixes with 25 pounds meat, which works out to 9 grams per pound, however to me that is way to mild so 18g per pound is about right in flavor to me. Just throwing this out for anyone looking for a good breakfast sausage mix this one is real solid.

IMG_1569.jpeg

I do the same test run to test (and usually adjust) the recommended amount of seasoning. Did they send the 2024 catalog? Mine just came and it's 162 pages.
I’m still waiting on my catalog also. Do you post on Meatgistics and if so what’s your handle name? I made an error when I signed up for Meatgistics and I didn’t use Retired Railroader. I accidentally used my name John Belvedere and it’s been so long I never changed it. Also for whatever reason I use johnnyb54 here. Would I’ve to see what you post there.

I just got the catalog. Told the wife from page 47 on is very dangerous.
Lot of trouble I can get into there. Haha

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I do the same test run to test (and usually adjust) the recommended amount of seasoning. Did they send the 2024 catalog? Mine just came and it's 162 pages.
Yes they did, actually sent me two of them.

Do you post on Meatgistics and if so what’s your handle name? I made an error when I signed up for Meatgistics and I didn’t use Retired Railroader.
Ahhh, John, a blast from the past. Hope all is well. I registered over there in order to post some questions about some of their products, then all of a sudden I was getting numerous e-mails some related and some not. I returned to being a lurker.

Ahhh, John, a blast from the past. Hope all is well. I registered over there in order to post some questions about some of their products, then all of a sudden I was getting numerous e-mails some related and some not. I returned to being a lurker.
I’m very surprised you were getting spam from them. I do get emails from Walton’s but I usually only get 1-2 a week. These are mostly from replies or questions I’ve made on Meatgistics or sales and giveaways from Walton’s.

They say that their “Holly Regular” is their best selling breakfast sausage blend. Anyone try that one before?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky