Ever Sunday get together

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

3rivers smoke

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 3, 2021
My cousins and I try get together on Sundays to visit and have super. What got this started is when I got the pit boss. We agreed that I would do the smoking and him and his wife would do the sides. Also to keep from getting burnt out they would also cook when I wanted a break. So, yesterday I did what I call a meat lovers smoke. Country style beef ribs and venison steaks. I dry aged the beef ribs for 4 days. I didn't want to freeze them after buying them on Monday. I just used kosher salt and wanted to see how they would be. The deer stakes all I did was marinate them wit worshester and Jeff's Texas rub for 2hrs. The smoker was set at 250°. In doing all of this and just not thinking about the fact that all the meat was thin cut. I was surprised at how quick this smoke was, which was an hour and 45 minutes. The stakes reached 140° and probed like butter. The beef ribs reached 173° and was probe tender as well. I didn't have time to get any cut through picks, my cousins had beat me to the kitchen. I also did 8 ears of sweet corn wrapped in tinfoil foil and butter. I used the grind rub and pepper and garlic on the beef ribs. I didn't want any more salt added in. They were really good could have been lighter with the salt but overall it was really good

Attachments

• 20210829_162911.jpg
    20210829_162911.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 20210829_162931.jpg
    20210829_162931.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 41
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky