Enough ice for a giant beer cooler

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Maybe Tim -

I'm thinking about moving to North Carolina when I retire. Nothing left around here but arogant Yuppies that think planting a garden means putting in a rose bush!

Debi

Debi

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Where ya thinking????

Sorry Tim, she will be closer to me.....

Bill

Easy men.. she's thinking about retiring not divorce :cry: .. hmpf MEN! Okay Debi I tried, now if they won't leave ya alone you're gonna have to get a big stick.
wink.gif

Bill -

I was looking somewhere between Ashville and Greensboro. Although it sounds like Ashville is getting to big these days. Looking for some quiet area where I can rasie a few critters and some maybe a few rabbits and have a nice little garden, rock on the front porch and play my banjo in peace.

Debi

Thank you PC -

But I might need a trade in by then. I want some ground to play in, criters to roam real meat to smoke. I have about out planted my 1/4 lot. I've planted 11 dwarf fruit trees, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, hops, and have 1 raised beds for veggies (alot of ledge here). I got so much yard planted I have to cut the grass with a weed wacker! LOL

Debi

i want to know where you happend to get big pieces of styrofoam like that? i have to say i am jelious!!!! that is one of two things i have never had

1 big ass pieces of styrofoam
2 surface to air missle

Buzzard -

They were re-roofing the hospital at work and used the wrong foam. It supposed to be blue foam for a roof. I mentioned it to the project manager and they had to tear it all off. I just happened by just before they finished and asked if I could have some (they were breaking it up and tossing it in the trash. The man said yes so I drove home grabed my Dakota and filled it to the roof! Got 25 sheets! 4 x 8.

Made a great cellar window insulation last winter and several wheeled portable keg/bars this summer!

Did I menton I'm a scronger?

Debi

Only because I'm here! :oops: :lol: :lol: (sorry Debi, I couldn't resist)

Now wait you said banjo, and you said hops, add in Q entusiast, farm girl, inventive :idea: .....Ya' know I always liked N.C.

And Bill, I saw her first so back off! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim

I was always more into surface to surface. You know, nothing big like a scud, just something small that a fella could carry around in the back of his truck if he wanted. :lol: :lol:

If you really do want a "big ass piece of styrofoam", you can pick it up from your local dock builder.

Tim

Have to say..."Nothin could be finer than to live in 'Carolina " :D :D ! Even though this state is growing RAPIDLY and the farmland is getting expensive, it is a great place to live. We have 3.5 acres ( with 7 cats and 1 dog) right on a highway and we may see 20-40 vehicles a day when shifts change and school is in/out :D :D :D ! Love it! We are 30-45 mins from 3 major cities but 3 weeks ago we had a 6-point buck walking casually down the middle of the road at lunchtime before venturing off into the woods across the street! Glad the hubby was home for a witness :D !

Here we are over a week and a half since the ice storm started, and there's still a skating rink between Betsy and me. I got her fired up, but the more the ice melts, the slicker it gets. Maybe if i keep 'er fired up for a day or two, I'll be able to get around in front of her and put some meat on.

Tim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky