End-of-summer smoked burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokeyX

Original poster
Jul 22, 2020
Amarillo, Texas
What better way to say goodbye to summer than with some good smoked hamburgers?

For the kids' last night before kicking off their new school year, I mixed four pounds of 90 percent lean ground beef with a little better than a half-pound of bacon and added two tablespoons of Weber Gourmet Burger seasoning and a half-teaspoon each of salt and pepper. After getting a good fire going in my Pecos, I formed the mixture up into 1/3-pound patties and rested them in the fridge about 20 minutes.

I ran them between 225 and 250 for about an hour, letting them soak up all the post oak smoke they wanted, cheesed up several with cheddar or Swiss, and pulled them when they reach an IT of 155-160. Good stuff!

Attachments

• IMG_6514[1].JPG
    IMG_6514[1].JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6516[1].JPG
    IMG_6516[1].JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6517[1].JPG
    IMG_6517[1].JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
What better way to say goodbye to summer than with some good smoked hamburgers?

For the kids' last night before kicking off their new school year, I mixed four pounds of 90 percent lean ground beef with a little better than a half-pound of bacon and added two tablespoons of Weber Gourmet Burger seasoning and a half-teaspoon each of salt and pepper. After getting a good fire going in my Pecos, I formed the mixture up into 1/3-pound patties and rested them in the fridge about 20 minutes.

I ran them between 225 and 250 for about an hour, letting them soak up all the post oak smoke they wanted, cheesed up several with cheddar or Swiss, and pulled them when they reach an IT of 155-160. Good stuff!
Yummy! May have to smoke this week's burgers. THanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: SmokeyX
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky