• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

End-of-summer smoked burgers

SmokeyX

Joined Jul 22, 2020
What better way to say goodbye to summer than with some good smoked hamburgers?

For the kids' last night before kicking off their new school year, I mixed four pounds of 90 percent lean ground beef with a little better than a half-pound of bacon and added two tablespoons of Weber Gourmet Burger seasoning and a half-teaspoon each of salt and pepper. After getting a good fire going in my Pecos, I formed the mixture up into 1/3-pound patties and rested them in the fridge about 20 minutes.

I ran them between 225 and 250 for about an hour, letting them soak up all the post oak smoke they wanted, cheesed up several with cheddar or Swiss, and pulled them when they reach an IT of 155-160. Good stuff!

Attachments

Last edited:

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 21, 2012
What better way to say goodbye to summer than with some good smoked hamburgers?

For the kids' last night before kicking off their new school year, I mixed four pounds of 90 percent lean ground beef with a little better than a half-pound of bacon and added two tablespoons of Weber Gourmet Burger seasoning and a half-teaspoon each of salt and pepper. After getting a good fire going in my Pecos, I formed the mixture up into 1/3-pound patties and rested them in the fridge about 20 minutes.

I ran them between 225 and 250 for about an hour, letting them soak up all the post oak smoke they wanted, cheesed up several with cheddar or Swiss, and pulled them when they reach an IT of 155-160. Good stuff!
Yummy! May have to smoke this week's burgers. THanks for the suggestion.

SmokeyX

Joined Jul 22, 2020
Looks good, tasty burgers.

End of summer?
You have over a month to go, keep The BBQ fired up.
It was "end of summer" in that our kids started school the next day. Believe me, I'm not planning on shutting down "The Money Pit" anytime soon. ;-)

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Man I am all about smoked burgers. Usually do them anytime I’m doing a longer smoke for lunch. Looks like you got a great smoke on them!!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Very nice!
Really good looking burgers!
Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.