End Of Season Brisket Blow Out (Long W/ Heavy Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Did you use a water pan too, or just the pan to catch the dripping?

No Rob, I did not use a water pan. I am however starting to think about trying it. When I was in TN for the event hosted by TNJAKE TNJAKE he used one and the meat was superb.

Great idea with the whole cook on the brisket. And the injection and top coat.

Congrats on a fine meal on a fine day

Thanks so much David. The injection and baste seemed to make a huge difference. I will be doing that from now on.

Beautiful weather, a gorgeous setting, good friends, and a great feed, doesn't get any better than that Robert

You are absolutely correct my friend. It does not get any better. The only thing we were lacking was your company :emoji_wink:

Robert

Did you use a water pan too, or just the pan to catch the dripping?

No Rob, I did not use a water pan. I am however starting to think about trying it. When I was in TN for the event hosted by TNJAKE TNJAKE he used one and the meat was superb.

Great idea with the whole cook on the brisket. And the injection and top coat.

Congrats on a fine meal on a fine day

Thanks so much David. The injection and baste seemed to make a huge difference. I will be doing that from now on.

Beautiful weather, a gorgeous setting, good friends, and a great feed, doesn't get any better than that Robert

You are absolutely correct my friend. It does not get any better. The only thing we were lacking was your company :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: TNJAKE
Holy Smokes Robert what a nice party!!!!!

That is some very nice looking grub too!

Thank you sir!! We had a great time and all the offerings people brought were over the top good. Really made for a nice spread.

Wow! I’ll be at your next get together for sure!

Well sir, you're more than welcome any time. Just give me 5 minutes notice so I can turn the light on for ya :emoji_laughing:

OMG does that look good.. great job...

Also let me add... next time poor the blood (FLAVOR) from the package into the drip pan as well

Thanks so much. I've done the drippings from the bag also but believe it or not, there was nothing in this one. That was another of the bizarre factors to this brisket.

Robert

Your new patio furniture looks very relaxing and comfortable also.

Thanks!! Definitely a step up from the last furniture but lemme tell you, it was an ALL DAY ordeal setting it up. Taking all the old stuff out to the driveway, putting all the new stuff together, stuffing all the cushions into the covers, then bringing it all from the driveway to the patio. Hopefully we won't need to do that again any time soon.

Man Robert what am awesome spread of food!! Always great to get together with friends and good food

Thanks so much Jeff. You ought to try injecting this way. I actually tried it a couple weeks ago with turkey breasts and it made a huge difference so tried it again with the brisket.

If i was out - I woulda bought one...I admit.

I'm with ya Dave. I'd have gotten it because it's what Tracy wanted. She picked this one up though and has no idea what meat prices are supposed to be so she just grabbed it.

Robert

Your brisket looked perfect to me but that tater and bacon casserole... oh my!

You nailed it Ryan. That tater and bacon casserole was superb!! I'll be asking Lori how she made that.

Amazing meal and a great gathering!

Thanks so much Steve. It as some good food and a great group of friends.

Robert, let me start by saying what a fantastic looking meal this all was, really phenomenal. I also make the jalapeno/cheddar cheese cornbread, but have always mixed in the cheese. I'm definitely doing the cheese on the top next time, thanks for that idea.

The cheese on top IMHO made a huge difference. I love to get the cheese browned and somewhat crunchy. It added a whole new dimension to the cornbread.

I also like the roasting pan idea and will be on the hunt for one big enough for a whole brisket that has a lid. Any suggestions appreciated.

I'm kicking myself for not thinking about this earlier....like about 15 years ago. This is what I put the brisket in. It's the insert pan for a roasting oven:
007.jpg

Here is the whole unit with the pan inside of the heating basin
008.jpg

Question about the rack that you used. Is that a turkey rack that you inverted? I like that idea, too, and I may have something that would work. Usually I just put a pan underneath the cooking grate, but that makes it difficult to get to the drippings.

That is in fact the rack that goes into my turkey roasting pan and it is inverted. My original plan was to use the turkey pan with the rack but the brisket was just a bit too big so I had to drop back 10 and punt. This is what I came up with.

Robert

Last edited:
Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Whole spread looks amazing Robert. Excellent job on the brisket. Looks like y'all had a great time. Only thing I see wrong is not enough people with beer at the table!

Reactions: sandyut
Great idea on the roaster insert. I actually have an 18 qt. one, too, just a different brand. It's in the attic and is almost never used, so...

Awesome job all around the neighbors sides all look great. I never worry about the smoke ring like said its just for looks. Fine looking gathering of friends.

Warren

Great looking brisket Robert. I have not been able to keep one that moist on my pellet grill. I think I will try this method next time and see what happens. I think most would prefer moist and small smoke ring over a dry one with a big ol ring. Looked like a great get together. Gotta love spending time with folks you enjoy.

You definitely nailed this one Robert! That had to have been a great party. Thanks for sharing.

WOW that is one fine looking spread right there.
From the meat to the sides....everything looks great ! And I'm sure a good time was had by all!

Looks like another excellent meal. Nice variety of sides...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky