Enchiladas recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I got these low carb corn tortilla's. Want to try make enchiladas to start with than Birria tacos. Figured get a Sam's rotisserie chicken. These are the best chickens and save juice and bones for stock. Looking for Enchiladas recipes.

20210518_054420.jpg

Green or red chili?
Either way these are great.
I add a can of corn and black beans to the shredded chicken.
I have that brand in red

Reactions: forktender
We've been buying the "carb balance" flour tortillas for years. Will have to check out the corn ones.
Last time tried low carb flour in enchiladas threw them in the trash. They get a doughy texture could not get past. Have high hopes for these.

I've been using the Las Palmas red and green sauces for enchiladas for over 30 years Brian. I usually use leftover chicken, beef, or pulled pork and shred it up, add cheese, onions, ortega chilis, chili powder, spicy salsa and mix it all up in a bowl, no beans for me. Roll them up and throw into a 325º oven covered with the sauce for a hour, top with sour cream and avocado when done. Easy peasy and yummy fo de yummy. RAY
DSCN2995.JPG

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Last time tried low carb flour in enchiladas threw them in the trash. They get a doughy texture could not get past. Have high hopes for these.

I doubt the flour tortillas will change in the future. The reason they have 4 carbs net (verses 25 or 30 for regular flour tortillas) is because of the 15 grams of fiber (verses 1 gram in the regular). I don't know if the fiber is responsible for the texture. A couple of years ago Mission started adding "Tortilla wraps" to the label in hopes of broadening their use.

I got these low carb corn tortilla's. Want to try make enchiladas to start with than Birria tacos. Figured get a Sam's rotisserie chicken. These are the best chickens and save juice and bones for stock. Looking for Enchiladas recipes.

Their chickens are good, and Sam's consistently has the largest ones in town, and at $5 are hard to resist. The flavor is due to a marinade and seasoned with Lawry's. This makes them really high in sodium. This ARTICLE compares several brands of rotisserie chickens. We often do the same thing, strip the meat, return the carcass, juice, water and a couple of bay leaves to a stock pot. A friend of mine has been on crutches for 3 months following quad surgery and each week we deliver some kind of home made food. This week it was chicken and noodles, using a Sam's chicken.
U3Vb9Wz.jpg

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Green or red chili?
Either way these are great.
I add a can of corn and black beans to the shredded chicken.
Think I will try these when get my taste buds back. Bought a rotisserie chicken to make enchiladas before got sick. Now can't hardly taste anything. Hopefully tomorrow. Got all 3 starters combined now.

Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky