Enabled myself.....................again.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
When will I learn?? Checking out Thanksgiving sales on the exchange. Shouldn't have done that!

ci kit.jpg

5 piece CI kit with 5 quart Dutch oven. I've been wanting a smaller Dutch oven for some time.
So, for about 10.00 more I got more pans to boot! 59.99 shipped.

Last edited:
I have a 17" Lodge pan I use the heck out of. Wish I could find a lid for it. They used to make a glass lid for it but discontinued. They discontinued a lot of things during COVID

That's a good deal. I actually have all those pieces bought separately. That and man... it's pretty darn bad when one is a self enabler :emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Nice collection . One thing I don't look at is cast iron . Can't stop myself . I have a Lodge 4 qt. Dutch that's great for doing whole birds . You'll like that 5 I'm sure .

Wish I could find a lid for it. They used to make a glass lid for it but discontinued.
Take your tape measure to Goodwill .

Reactions: jcam222
Great looking scored there Steve. I love my lodge stuff.

I have a 17" Lodge pan I use the heck out of. Wish I could find a lid for it. They used to make a glass lid for it but discontinued. They discontinued a lot of things during COVID
I ordered a lid off of the Amazon it’s glass with a silicon rim that’s supposed to fit from 8in to 12in pan. Couldn’t find a lodge One either. We’ll see how well it works in a few days when it comes in.

Jim

That is so true for many things now. Or long wait times. I'm going on year two for my Maverick.

That's a good deal. I actually have all those pieces bought separately. That and man... it's pretty darn bad when one is a self enabler :emoji_joy:

:emoji_joy: I know, right?

Nice collection . One thing I don't look at is cast iron . Can't stop myself . I have a Lodge 4 qt. Dutch that's great for doing whole birds . You'll like that 5 I'm sure .
I have the 7 quart Dutch oven. Really like it. But a lot of times I've wanted something a little smaller.

Reactions: chopsaw
Great looking scored there Steve. I love my lodge stuff.

I ordered a lid off of the Amazon it’s glass with a silicon rim that’s supposed to fit from 8in to 12in pan. Couldn’t find a lodge One either. We’ll see how well it works in a few days when it comes in.

Jim
Thanks Jim. Yeah, I looked around for a 17"lid for Jeff as well. I couldn't find any.

Reactions: JLeonard
At that price , I bet not a hard sell, even though it was yourself convincing yourself. lol

What a great price, that might get 1 pan ( Lodge ) around here. And that is at Bass Pro/Cabela's. Same store here in Dartmouth.

DSC_8862.JPG

David

• Wow
Reactions: Steve H
At that price , I bet not a hard sell, even though it was yourself convincing yourself. lol

What a great price, that might get 1 pan ( Lodge ) around here. And that is at Bass Pro/Cabela's. Same store here in Dartmouth.

View attachment 681700

David
Good lord! That is $$$! Even considering the currency difference.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Yes I just went on their web site just now because I could not believe your price so I had to see if I could get that here , I would have run right over ( OK drove ) and picked some up. That is a picture from right now on my monitor .

David

When will I learn?? Checking out Thanksgiving sales on the exchange. Shouldn't have done that!

View attachment 681683
5 piece CI kit with 5 quart Dutch oven. I've been wanting a smaller Dutch oven for some time.
So, for about 10.00 more I got more pans to boot! 59.00 shipped.
Nice. PX at Drum has a nice selection of Lodge cast iron and accessories. Recently grabbed a second enameled Dutch oven.

Shouldn't have done that!
You are incorrigible my friend, but at that price, I'd have bought them too. don't need them but they'd make nice Christmas presents.
it's pretty darn bad when one is a self enabler
He's just trying not to be a hypocrite :emoji_wink: If it's OK to enable the entire forum, he should also be able to enable himself :emoji_laughing:
I'm going on year two for my Maverick.
WHAT?? Get your deposit back, cancel the order, and come down here. you can walk onto any lot and take your pick of any that you want. They are all over the roads around here.
And self enabling is only bad when you can't find room for it!
That my friend is why they have Goodwill stores around. If it ain't getting used, it goes and I have room for more toys :emoji_wink:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky