Emptying the freezer with Q view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinLogs

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 5, 2017
Owensboro, Kentucky
We are getting ready to move back to my hometown and decided the less we have to transport to the new house the better. So, the more I empty out of the freezer, the better the move will go lol. I pulled out a rack of St. Louis spares and a 2 pack of tenderloins, not quite empty, but a little closer. @Hawging It i saw where you did some ribs last week T-Roy style and looking tasty so I had to join in with some close to his style.

I don’t normally use a binder, but like T-Roy cooks I used a little Worcestershire sauce before I hit the ribs and tenderloins with my rub.
35B63691-36D7-457F-8FE4-1C1D71E4E381.jpeg

I had my UDS cranked up to 250 using some lump with pecan and cherry chunks. The tenderloins cooked a little more done than I prefer. For whatever reason they finished a lot sooner than normal, either way they were still tasty.
66F54FD5-DF86-467F-99F3-118D3425E724.jpeg

I basted the ribs with some Mr. Pibb every hour. At 4.5 hours in I gave them a heavy coat of Tiger Sauce, then a heavy coat of parkay butter. They were already lookin fine! At 5 hours I could pick up with tongs and they bent almost 90 degrees and were cracking, so I put on a good coat of some homemade bbq sauce (not real sweet or spicy, kind of a heavy Worcestershire sauce flavor bbq sauce) and then let them setup for 1/2 hour. (Never mind that funny looking hunk of meat on the end. I was keeping things simple, no trimming, just pulled the membrane. If I had to guess I’d say maybe it was part of the pork belly. It was kind of fatty, tender, and delicious. I see why they would make good burnt ends).
CE30D4CB-994A-47A7-8AD0-E751302F68B6.jpeg

I wish I had gotten a picture of these right out of the package. They had the best marbling I’ve ever had on ribs, and came out the juiciest ribs I’ve ever had too. So tasty with all those layers of flavor and a great bite through the meat. I hadn’t used lump charcoal in quite some time, but I think the flavor from the lump gave it a little something extra too. Overall it was a good cook with some tasty Q!
317C138F-02B2-44D8-8AED-0A72CCBB2B0F.jpeg

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the congratulations! I’ve been so busy moving I hadn’t been on SMF the past couple days and didn’t even realize I had a feature. It was an awesome and unexpected surprise. Thanks again!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky