Empty store shelves...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1584145081099.png

The knuckleheads in my area are attacking the Cosco and Sam's Clubs and decimating the shelves. . .Amazing!

I went to my local grocery store today. Not only were the employees restocking the shelves but I was able to purchase everything I went there for.

And by the way, the wipes for delousing the handles on the shopping carts were in good supply!

I think we all need to calm down.

John

When staff in the food or freight supply start getting this, supply stops, then it will definitely cause major issues.

i have prepared for the worse in order to look after my family, have 2 months worth of supplies stocked.

my old scouts motto is “Be prepared”

When staff in the food or freight supply start getting this, supply stops, then it will definitely cause major issues.

i have prepared for the worse in order to look after my family, have 2 months worth of supplies stocked.

I agree. . .But until that happens, do we need to panic! Come on . . .Calm down!

Just because Ton Hanks and his wife have symptoms doesn't mean you will !

If that happens, The president will call in the national guard to fill in the supply chains. the deliveries will continue.

I understand this may be a critical situation, but why in the heck don't the retailers ration panic stuff. I still can't understand how the Coronavirus results in Mass buying hysterical of toilet paper and bottled water! You can get water from your faucet and covid 19 symptoms do not include diarrhea!

I understand this may be a critical situation, but why in the heck don't the retailers ration panic stuff. I still can't understand how the Coronavirus results in Mass buying hysterical of toilet paper and bottled water! You can get water from your faucet and covid 19 symptoms do not include diarrhea!
I'm in Colorado and the stores here are rationing TP, cleaning supplies, bread, and milk.

Reactions: Will Squared
Politics aside because that really doesn’t matter.

It’s not hysteria it’s reality. This is going to overwhelm the US healthcare infrastructure before long. Can’t blame people for wanting to grab things and hunker down at home if possible. Not everyone can do that but the more social distancing we do the better.

I’ve been following this since it began in Wuhan and it’s scary.

Signed,
A concerned viral immunologist and professor.

Being on the gulf coast here in louisiana, we deal with state of emergency declarations every time a major hurricane hits. I'm prepared should we loose power for 2 months. I can run the generator 1 hour a day to cool down the freezers. When the gas runs out, if none is available, I will be making the largest batch of jerky this site has ever seen with all remaining meat in the freezer....

Last edited:
It’s not hysteria it’s reality. This is going to overwhelm the US healthcare infrastructure before long. Can’t blame people for wanting to grab things and hunker down at home if possible. Not everyone can do that but the more social distancing we do the better.

Signed,

I respect your title and agree it is scary, but

I'm not convinced about overwhelming the US healthcare infrastructure, and until it happens (if indeed it does) should we be panicking?

The news media has sensationalized and tried to make us panic in the past and has come up short more often than not.

Politics aside because that really doesn’t matter.

Signed,
Do you remember the ‘Swine Flu’ epidemic? However, that was before Twitter...

Reactions: Will Squared
I've been through multiple blizzards and hurricanes and I have yet to have a sudden desire to eat Sandwiches and drink Gallons of Milk. According to the CDC there are 41 cases in PA. There are 12.8 MILLION residents. 41, really, and folks are going nuts? When the CDC reports 410,000 cases in PA, then I will start eating more Sandwiches and Chug Milk...JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky